Sales Manager Mid-Market
Boston, Massachusetts /
Sales / Business Development – Corporate Sales / Inside Sales /
WHO WE ARE:
We are changing the way the world makes decisions! Talend is a global leader in data integration and data integrity. Our software is used to truly transform business and companies with data. We believe our company has a certain Je ne sais quoi that makes us special and gives us opportunities with purpose. We pride ourselves in our values of Passion, Agility, Team Spirit and Integrity.
We help companies take their data from chaos to clarity by delivering complete, trusted, and timely data to the business.
With over 1,400 employees, we support more than 4,750 enterprise customers globally who have chosen Talend to put their data to work. We are consistently recognized by Forrester and Gartner as a leader in the Data Integration Market and our plan for the future is even more exciting.
- Lead a team of 8 quota-carrying MM AEs covering accounts with <$1B in annual revenue.
- Coach and mentor each team member through weekly 1:1s and participating in their opportunities
- Provide to management detailed and accurate sales forecasting week over week. Measure, manage and drive individual and team activities, pipe generation and quarterly / annual goal attainment.
- Ability to lead a team in aggressively sourcing and creating pipeline by leveraging organizational best practices and assets.
- Utilize salesforce.com to track team activity and opportunity management.
- Provide feedback and recommendations on marketing efforts from real world interactions.
- Work collaboratively across functions including Marketing, Services, SEs and Sales Leadership.
- Ensure team members develop and maintain effective territory plans.
- Hire and retain top performers.
- Implement performance plans and terminate bottom performers when appropriate.
- Keep up with industry trends and best practices, including new technologies for Sales.
- 3+ years experience in sales carrying a bookings quota in Enterprise Software.
- 3+ years of sales management experience.
- Experience with multi-stakeholder sales to IT and/or line of business.
- Self-motivated and able to overcome challenges.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and integrity.
- Results driven, proven ability to execute and exceed goals.
- Strong time and territory management skills.
- Experience with hiring and enablement/training/mentoring of new hires.
- Great communication skills (positive and energetic, excellent listening skills, strong writing skills, team-player, cross-functional business partner, etc.)
- Proficient with sales productivity tools (I.e. MS Office, SFDC, LinkedIn, etc.)
- BA/BS required.
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- CEO named a 2020 Top Diverse Leader by the National Diversity Council
- 5th consecutive year named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- 3rd consecutive year named as a Leader for Data Quality Solutions in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- Recognized as a Challenger for Enterprise Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS) in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Data Fabric
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, Talend believes our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We want to look like our customers, and we recruit, develop and retain the most hardworking people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.