Senior Cloud Infrastructure Architect
Engineering / R&D – Architecture
WHO WE ARE:
Talend is a leader in cloud data integration and data integrity.
We are a global company with offices in Redwood City, Paris, London, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, and Bangalore. Our customers are pioneers/innovative leaders in their market when it comes to data and cloud projects. We are proud to count Domino’s, the world’s largest pizza company, Euronext, the #1 stock exchange in Europe, and HP Inc., a leading IT company, as Talend customers.
We enable companies to transform their business by delivering trusted data at the speed of business. Talend offers a suite of apps for data integration and integrity that brings data, people and technology together by generating end-to-end data pipelines.
Customers can collect data; transform it to power analytics; govern it from end-to-end; and share it across internal and external stakeholders. They can work across systems and across environments: in the cloud and on-premises.
We are looking for a Senior Cloud Infrastructure Architect for our Engineering Center in Nantes, Bonn or Suresnes to be a member of Talend’s Architecture Department which is responsible for the platform architecture, security policies and design of our Talend Cloud offering.
- Be deeply aware of the development activities in the R&D department and work with the teams to be sure their work is coordinated with the overall product architecture and vision;
- Work closely with the SRE and engineering teams to ensure the scalability and portability of the architecture for AWS, Azure and Google Cloud Platform;
- Work with teams to discover aspects of the team’s implementation that could be generalized and used in other areas of the company;
- Gain consensus on architectural aspects by providing written (including diagrams) and verbal presentations and working with the implementation teams to resolve concerns;
- Coding proof of concept (POC) implementations and reporting on those results;
- Facilitate communication across departments so that people are informed and working well together;
- Be aware of new technologies and how that might be applied to issues at Talend.
Skills and Experience:
- Ideally BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent experience;
- Strong experience in Devops / Infrastructure architecture;
- Strong knowledge in highly-available and fault-tolerant enterprise and web-scale software deployments;
- Knowledge of one of the Cloud providers environment (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform);
- Expert proficiency in infrastructure automation / devops scripting (Python, Shell…);
- Strong interpersonal and excellent communication and presentation skills in English.
What we offer you:
- Join a passionate team and work with the latest cloud native approaches and technologies (Spark, Beam, K8S, Docker, Kafka, Terraform, AWS, Azure to name a few);
- A challenging but rewarding environment with international scope;
- Top modern offices with ideal locations;
- Regular team events and company celebrations, as well as free drinks.
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.