Manager, Customer Support
Irvine, California /
Customer Success – Customer Support /
WHO WE ARE:
We are changing the way the world makes decisions! Talend is a global leader in data integration and data integrity. Our software is used to truly transform business and companies with data. We believe our company has a certain Je ne sais quoi that makes us special and gives us opportunities with purpose. We pride ourselves in our values of Passion, Agility, Team Spirit and Integrity.
We help companies take their data from chaos to clarity by delivering complete, trusted, and timely data to the business.
With over 1,400 employees, we support more than 4,750 enterprise customers globally who have chosen Talend to put their data to work. We are consistently recognized by Forrester and Gartner as a leader in the Data Integration Market and our plan for the future is even more exciting.
You will be responsible for managing a team of Talend Technical Support Engineers who address technical issues raised by our partners and customers for all currently available Talend Products. You will be tasked with ensuring the delivery of quality, high-touch technical support, and managing the career development of talented and experienced employees. You will be directly involved in the hiring, on-boarding and development of current and future team members.
Team Management Responsibilities:
- Participate in employee recruiting, training and development efforts as assigned so as to create the highest quality support organization in the industry.
- Mentor team members and provide feedback to grow and improve skills.
- Manage support engineers to hit quarterly training goals and customer satisfaction targets.
- Lead by example and provide guidance on case handling, soft skills, and time management.
- Facilitate onboarding and mentoring of new hires to ensure the adoption of Talend methodology and the delivery of quality support.
- Demonstrate exceptional customer acumen in showing you have customer interest at heart, and can set the right customer expectations
- Communicate directly and proactively with customers to establish relationships, resolve concerns, and facilitate case resolution.
- Work with the rest of the Talend Support Management team, as well as part of the Customer Success extended leadership team to ensure the timely resolution of support cases and customer escalations.
- Hire, develop and manage up to ten support engineers and one team lead.
- Ensure the successful delivery of tasks and projects assigned to your team.
- Serve as an escalation point to ensure that support cases are managed to completion and communicated effectively.
- Implement and execute on the strategic plans to ensure we are delivering the highest level of Support possible
- Serve as a positive, dynamic leader that displays strong work ethic, creative problem-solving skills, positive attitude, and team oriented proactive approach.
- Participate in planning and management meetings, projects or events as requested.
- Enhance current processes and procedures to improve the quality and effectiveness of Talend technical support.
- Build a team oriented organization, where team members will strive in working together, fully integrated in the worldwide Talend Support team.
- Travel: Ability to travel up to 10%
Preferred skills and experience:
- Ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in technical support management, and comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base. Candidate must be organized, able to work in a team environment and know how to handle multiple priorities.
- B.S. degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience with data integration technologies and concepts
- Ability to interact with customers of all levels and industry backgrounds, from the C-Level to IT individual contributor
- Customer success focused
- Proven ability to manage and set customer expectations
- Ability to manage customer escalations and negotiate resolution
- 4+ years of support management experience
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- CEO named a 2020 Top Diverse Leader by the National Diversity Council
- SVP of Products named a Top 25 Software Product Executives of 2020 by The Software Report
- 5th consecutive year named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- 3rd consecutive year named as a Leader for Data Quality Solutions in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- Recognized as a Challenger for Enterprise Integration Platform as a Service (iPass) in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Data Fabric
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, Talend believes our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We want to look like our customers, and we recruit, develop and retain the most hardworking people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.