Senior Professional Services Consultant UK
Maidenhead, United Kingdom /
Professional Services – Professional Services /
WHO WE ARE:
We are changing the way the world makes decisions! Talend is a global leader in data integration and data integrity. Our software is used to truly transform business and companies with data. We believe our company has a certain Je ne sais quoi that makes us special and gives us opportunities with purpose. We pride ourselves in our values of Passion, Agility, Team Spirit and Integrity.
We help companies take their data from chaos to clarity by delivering complete, trusted, and timely data to the business.
With over 1,400 employees, we support more than 4,750 enterprise customers globally who have chosen Talend to put their data to work. We are consistently recognized by Forrester and Gartner as a leader in the Data Integration Market and our plan for the future is even more exciting.
Services are critical to helping our large customers quickly become experts on Talend.
Our Professional Services team is a critical part of our Customer Success organization and is comprised of some of the deepest subject matter experts in the world on our technologies. Our Customer Success organization is over 130 people strong – consisting of Professional Services Consultants, Support Engineers, Customer Success Managers, Customer Success Architects, and a Technical Enablement Team – all with a passion for creating successful, loyal customers.
Who you are:
- A customer-centric, intellectually curious, bright, energetic person with the ability to drive the successful sales and delivery of Services.
- A true lover of data.
- Someone who is energized by finding a solution to a problem.
- A consultant with deep experience in BI, Data Warehousing, Data Integration, MDM, Application Integration, Cloud Infrastructure (AWS, Google, or Azure) or Big Data (extra credit for more than one)
- A team player who creates a culture that understands that our internal standards and expectations need to be higher than our customers’
- You think, every day, about how you can improve the experience of your customers
- You have experience in the arena of Big Data and are looking for the next “Big Thing”
What you will do:
- Work with customers to deploy, manage and audit the best practice use of our software Products.
- Provide architecture reviews, application discussions and prototype or full development as needed
- Identify opportunities for products and services at existing customers
- Provide billable consulting assistance to ensure engagement success
- Perform data and/or application integration design and development, technical product assistance and tuning to meet customer performance and functional requirements
- Develop Best Practices based on field experience
Desired skills and experiences:
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related area and 5 years of experience in the field, in a related area or a master’s degree
- Skills in Java, SQL, XML and Tomcat
- Skill and experience using and deploying in Cloud tech and environments
- Must have some exposure to Data Integration, or, preferably with Talend’s products
- Preferred experience in Eclipse, SQL and Oracle environments
- Knowledge in installation, configuration, optimization in Hadoop
- Understand how and when to apply MapReduce
- Knowledge in HBase, Hive, Sqoop, Oozie technologies
- Knowledge in NoSQL technologies (Mongo, CouchDB, Cassandra, Neo4j)
- Exposed to Spark, Impala, HAWQ
- Preferred Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent skills
- Technical aggressiveness, demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and business requirements
- Demonstrated creative problem solving ability
- Experience leading and managing engagements and implementations
- Exceptional verbal, presentation, and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively independently as well as in a team environment
Up to 70% travel can be expected in this role
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- CEO named a 2020 Top Diverse Leader by the National Diversity Council
- SVP of Products named a Top 25 Software Product Executives of 2020 by The Software Report
- 5th consecutive year named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- 3rd consecutive year named as a Leader for Data Quality Solutions in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- Recognized as a Challenger for Enterprise Integration Platform as a Service (iPass) in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Data Fabric
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, Talend believes our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We want to look like our customers, and we recruit, develop and retain the most hardworking people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.