Engineering / R&D – Documentation
WHO WE ARE:
Talend, a leader in data integration and data integrity, enables every company to find clarity amidst the chaos.
Talend is the only company to bring together in a single platform all the necessary capabilities that ensure enterprise data is complete, clean, compliant, and readily available to everyone who needs it throughout the organization. With Talend, organizations are able to deliver exceptional customer experiences, make smarter decisions in the moment, drive innovation, and improve operations.
From Domino’s to L’Oréal, over 4,250 organizations across the globe rely on Talend to deliver exceptional customer experiences, make smarter decisions in the moment, drive innovation, and improve operations. Talend has been recognized as a leader in its field by leading analyst firms and industry publications including Forbes, InfoWorld and SD Times.
Talend is Nasdaq listed (TLND) and headquartered in Redwood City, California.
The Documentation team is looking for a Technical Writer for a temporary contract (maternity cover) for a duration of 6 months (from June to November) to join the R&D centre in Nantes or Suresnes.
The Technical Writer will be part of the Documentation team and will be responsible for liaising with developers and QA engineers in order to analyse and document the features and functionalities of the Talend product range, as well as working closely with other technical writers and training content developers in the team (based in France and China) in order to deliver high-quality documentation in English.
- Design, create and update technical documentation in English for a variety of audiences in a timely manner;
- Work extensively and autonomously on the product and gather required information from available sources in order to understand the technical details and functionalities to be documented;
- Work closely with technical SMEs and other technical writing team members to ensure the technical accuracy of the documentation;
- Contribute actively to discussions within the team relating to process and methodology, and be a source of new ideas;
- Complete other tasks assigned by team leader and manager.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent English writing skills;
- Confirmed experience writing help content for technical audiences;
- Experience in, or strong affinity with, the IT industry;
- Familiarity with an XML authoring and editing tool, and experience of DITA;
- Knowledge of Ixiasoft DITA CMS is a plus;
- College degree or equivalent;
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment both individually and as part of a team;
- Experience of working with a distributed team;
- Fluency in French is desirable but not mandatory.
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.