Nantes, France /
Engineering / R&D – Development /
WHO WE ARE:
We are changing the way the world makes decisions! Talend is a global leader in data integration and data integrity. Our software is used to truly transform business and companies with data. We believe our company has a certain Je ne sais quoi that makes us special and gives us opportunities with purpose. We pride ourselves in our values of Passion, Agility, Team Spirit and Integrity.
We help companies take their data from chaos to clarity by delivering complete, trusted, and timely data to the business.
With over 1,400 employees, we support more than 4,750 enterprise customers globally who have chosen Talend to put their data to work. We are consistently recognized by Forrester and Gartner as a leader in the Data Integration Market and our plan for the future is even more exciting.
We are looking for a Backend developer to join our Platform Services team in Nantes which develops a micro service, Identity & Access Management, Logging, Security, Metrics collection services which can be consumed by all Talend applications and products. You will join a Cloud environment.
As a Backend Developer, you will be responsible for:
- Designing, implementing, testing, and deploying a data processing infrastructure that is fault tolerant and scalable to support multiple Talend Products.
- Maintenance and enhancements of existing Talend products.
- Using different protocols as needed for different data services (NoSQL/JSON/REST/Kafka) and providing related tests (Test-driven development/Unit Testing and automation);
- Document structure, process and design of all implemented solutions;
- Building High-Availability (HA) architectures and deployments;
- Analyze and improve efficiency, stability and scalability of services
- Build 360-Degree monitoring dashboards of your Microservices
- Working and communicating in a cross-functional geographically dispersed team environment comprised of software engineers, product managers, software test engineers, and product support engineers.
- Graduated in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent experience;
- Experience in delivering results in rapid release cycles;
- Proven experience in professional Java programming with RESTful, Message-/Event-Driven technologies, Multi-threaded applications;
- Experience with development of applications based on Data processing pipelines would be a plus.
- For you, it does matter whether an API call takes 1200ms or 200ms
- Feel comfortable with our current tech stack: NoSQL, RDMS, Spring, Docker, Kubernetes, microservices, various cloud technologies
- You like most of our methods: Agile, continuous integration, automation, Iterative delivery
- Experience with Test-driven development/Unit Testing and automation;
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly in English, both verbally and in writing;
- Self-motivated with strong organizational/prioritization skills and ability to multi-task with close attention to detail.
What we offer you
- Join a passionate team and work with the latest cloud native approaches and technologies (K8S, Docker, Kafka, Terraform, AWS, Azure to name a few)
- A challenging but rewarding environment with international scope
- We give our employees space to further their technical knowhow
- Top modern offices with ideal locations
- Regular team events and company celebrations, as well as free drinks
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- CEO named a 2020 Top Diverse Leader by the National Diversity Council
- SVP of Products named a Top 25 Software Product Executives of 2020 by The Software Report
- 5th consecutive year named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- 3rd consecutive year named as a Leader for Data Quality Solutions in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- Recognized as a Challenger for Enterprise Integration Platform as a Service (iPass) in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Data Fabric
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, Talend believes our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We want to look like our customers, and we recruit, develop and retain the most hardworking people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.