Product Owner - Cloud Data Inventory
Engineering / R&D – Product Owner
WHO WE ARE:
Talend is a leader in cloud data integration and data integrity.
We are a global company with offices in Redwood City, Paris, London, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, and Bangalore. Our customers are pioneers/innovative leaders in their market when it comes to data and cloud projects. We are proud to count Domino’s, the world’s largest pizza company, Euronext, the #1 stock exchange in Europe, and HP Inc., a leading IT company, as Talend customers.
We enable companies to transform their business by delivering trusted data at the speed of business. Talend offers a suite of apps for data integration and integrity that brings data, people and technology together by generating end-to-end data pipelines.
Customers can collect data; transform it to power analytics; govern it from end-to-end; and share it across internal and external stakeholders. They can work across systems and across environments: in the cloud and on-premises.
As part of its growth, Talend is looking for a Product Owner - Cloud Data Inventory for our R&D team based in Nantes, France.
As part of the Talend R&D Team, the Product Owner - Cloud Data Inventory will be responsible to define the Product Backlog for the Talend Cloud Data Inventory application in close relationship with our Product Management team. She/He provides a clear vision and detailed user stories to the team and supports the scrum master and the team during the sprints.
Additionally, the Product Owner is the key contact point for other R&D departments, which requires good communication skills and a good product understanding and domain expertise in data governance.
- Owner of the Product Backlog for Platform services project including the definition of priorities within the backlog.
- Actively break down of new features into user stories and do timely and qualified review of bug reports.
- Support the product management team in requirement management process for new releases by providing requirements, qualified feedback and estimations.
- Since Data Inventory is core to our Data Governance platform, cross project communication and expectation management is an important part of the role.
- Actively support our customers with technical and usage information (e.g. via forum, Jira etc.)
- BSc or MSc degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Practical experience in Cloud(AWS or Azure) and micro-services domain.
- Practical experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery workflows.
- You worked as Product Owner, as a Lead Software Architect, a technical Scrum Master before and took responsibility for a product or project delivery.
- Experience in using Akka and doing Java, Scala coding on your own and good understanding of the typical SDLC and related tools like git, junit, maven, Jenkins and others.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational/prioritization skills and ability to multi-task with close attention to details.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience in working within a distributed & international agile team environment.
What we offer you:
- Join a passionate team and work with the latest cloud native approaches and technologies (K8S, Docker, Kafka, Terraform, AWS, Azure to name a few)
- A challenging but rewarding environment with international scope
- Top modern offices with ideal locations
- Regular team events and company celebrations, as well as free drinks
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.