Senior Sales Development Representative
Sydney, Australia /
Sales / Business Development – Corporate Sales / Inside Sales /
WHO WE ARE:
We are changing the way the world makes decisions! Talend is a global leader in data integration and data integrity. Our software is used to truly transform business and companies with data. We believe our company has a certain Je ne sais quoi that makes us special and gives us opportunities with purpose. We pride ourselves in our values of Passion, Agility, Team Spirit and Integrity.
We help companies take their data from chaos to clarity by delivering complete, trusted, and timely data to the business.
With over 1,400 employees, we support more than 4,750 enterprise customers globally who have chosen Talend to put their data to work. We are consistently recognized by Forrester and Gartner as a leader in the Data Integration Market and our plan for the future is even more exciting.
Imagine, what you are capable of being here? In Talend, it is not just about technology. It’s about helping customers capitalize on the potential of “big data” by identifying, collecting, analyzing and simplifying the data to make sense of all the information available. That’s why a sales job at Talend is more than just exceeding quota. It’s about adding true value to our customers. Your knowledge will grow exponentiate with Talend’s technology and knowledge is power!
We are looking strong individuals who are results driven in sales and communication. Candidates with a basic understanding of technology infrastructure and business process is a plus. We are constantly on the lookout for talents who has the right attitude and aptitude around a customer’s overall success.
You will be responsible for responding to inquiries from new prospects who are not familiar with the value of Talend and to provide possible solutions to them so as to increase their investment with Talend. You will be working with the outside sales teams to uncover, qualify and nurture new opportunities both at a strategic and tactical level. You are expected to manage your time and pipeline effectively to hit and exceed quarterly objectives. If you are creative, focus, persistent and having tons of positive energy, you can be the right person to join us!
Primary Job Responsibilities
· Sell Talend’s comprehensive enterprise solutions via prospecting and relationship building
· Understand and effectively communicate Talend’s Value Proposition
· Identify, develop and advance opportunities, new logos and growth through high outbound sales activities
· Conduct high level conversations with senior executives in customer & prospect accounts (enterprise & commercial)
· Identify business pains, objectives, and related impacts on customers
· Develop sales opportunities by cold calling, email, meaningful interaction and other various forms of outreach.
· Collaborate with appropriate Account Executive and Director Corporate Sales to determine necessary strategic sales approaches.
· Prioritize account lists within a defined territory and build and grow active pool and pipeline.
· Meet and exceed assigned metrics, maintain input activity (call volumes) and achieve monthly key performance indicators.
· Update activity and pipeline on Salesforce.com.
· Continue to build your personal skillset – You can never learn enough!
· 3-5 years of successful experience selling in an outbound environment for Australia market
· Knowledge and passion for open source solutions
· Excellent organizational skills and follow up skills
· A good command of account profiling and a demonstrated ability to navigate key contacts and identify account intelligence.
· Software sales and Enterprise prospecting experience a plus.
· Comfort with various sales cycle lengths from 1 month to 6 months
· Highly engaging over the phone
· Background of exceptional quota attainment
· Excellent knowledge of MS-Office, CRM, Outreach, LinkedIn Sales Navigator and etc is a plus.
· Ability to effectively operate with high energy and flexibility in a past paced, constantly evolving, team environment.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent experience.
Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- CEO named a 2020 Top Diverse Leader by the National Diversity Council
- 5th consecutive year named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- 3rd consecutive year named as a Leader for Data Quality Solutions in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- Recognized as a Challenger for Enterprise Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS) in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Data Fabric
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, Talend believes our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We want to look like our customers, and we recruit, develop and retain the most hardworking people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.