Site Reliability Engineer/Cloud DevOps
Engineering / R&D – Cloud Operations
WHO WE ARE:
Talend is a leader in cloud data integration and data integrity.
We are a global company with offices in Redwood City, Paris, London, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, and Bangalore. Our customers are pioneers/innovative leaders in their market when it comes to data and cloud projects. We are proud to count Domino’s, the world’s largest pizza company, Euronext, the #1 stock exchange in Europe, and HP Inc., a leading IT company, as Talend customers.
We enable companies to transform their business by delivering trusted data at the speed of business. Talend offers a suite of apps for data integration and integrity that brings data, people and technology together by generating end-to-end data pipelines.
Customers can collect data; transform it to power analytics; govern it from end-to-end; and share it across internal and external stakeholders. They can work across systems and across environments: in the cloud and on-premises.
Talend is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join our growing team in our Suresnes Office. In this role, you’ll be responsible for the security, stability, and scalability of our Talend Cloud service. You’ll get to work hands-on with plenty of exciting technology and scale challenges as we grow to support millions of transactions across hundreds of servers in our Talend Cloud environment. We are seeking candidates with expertise on both development and system administration.
- As a member of SRE team, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Maintain and automate technical operations for our SaaS cloud infrastructure, including deployment and configuration.
- Ensure high availability and reliability for production systems, including upgrade and release processes as well as incident handling and troubleshooting
- Manage and deploy internal and external monitoring and alerting solutions
- Define and evangelize cloud-related optimizations and best practices to improve reliability and performance
- Abilities in troubleshooting cloud infrastructure, systems, network, and application stacks
- Perform on-call duty as part of a team maintaining the availability and performance of our cloud-hosted production infrastructure
- Bachelors’ in Computer Science or a relevant field
- Team player and ability to work in a distributed team - strong interpersonal and communications skills
- 1 year or more of cloud engineering experience with infrastructure as code: AWS and/or Azure, GCP
- Strong knowledge in infrastructure as code: Ansible (preferred), Terraform, Puppet
- Scripting (Python, Shell, …)
- Problem solving capacity, Ability to read and understand logs from applications (mostly Java) and investigate.
- Strong working knowledge of Linux (Centos) systems and Docker (container) usage
- Knowledge of at least two of the following (usage, administration, configuration, tuning):
- Good English, both written and verbal
- Well aware of security and data protection methods
o Kubernetes, Helm Charts
o ElasticSearch, Kibana, Logstash
o Prometheus, Grafana
o Jenkins 2, Jenkinsfiles, and Jenkins automation
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.