Data Engineer (H/F)
Engineering / R&D – Development
WHO WE ARE:
Talend is a leader in cloud data integration and data integrity.
We are a global company with offices in Redwood City, Paris, London, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, and Bangalore. Our customers are pioneers/innovative leaders in their market when it comes to data and cloud projects. We are proud to count Domino’s, the world’s largest pizza company, Euronext, the #1 stock exchange in Europe, and HP Inc., a leading IT company, as Talend customers.
We enable companies to transform their business by delivering trusted data at the speed of business. Talend offers a suite of apps for data integration and integrity that brings data, people and technology together by generating end-to-end data pipelines.
Customers can collect data; transform it to power analytics; govern it from end-to-end; and share it across internal and external stakeholders. They can work across systems and across environments: in the cloud and on-premises.
As part of its growth, Talend is hiring a Data Engineer (F/M) for the R&D Lab team based in Suresnes, France. This new role in the Lab team will contribute to accelerating the industrialization of machine learning applications developed by the Lab team and the Applications teams. You will help the team by delivering the appropriate data, with the expected quality and with respect of the privacy and security constraints. You will establish governance discipline, such as data lineage tracking.
- Maintain and automate data operations
- Work with the Application teams, the SRE team to locate and identify the required data for the Lab machine learning engineers.
- Develop tools, frameworks and methods to ensure high quality data pipelines
- Work with SRE team to use appropriate infrastructures for data pipelines and machine learning pipelines
- Manage and deploy internal and external monitoring and alerting solutions
- Design and develop data models
- Develop processes for automating, testing, and deploying your work
Skills and Experience
- 3 years experience as Data Engineer
- Good knowledge of Cloud providers (Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Good knowledge of Python, Java, Shell script
- Knowledge of NoSQL DB like MongoDB
- Knowledge of Spark clusters, execution of Spark jobs
- Knowledge of Kubernetes
- Background in Data science, Data mining, Multivariate statistics, Machine learning
- Familiar with data analysis tools such as Tableau
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience in working within a distributed & international agile team environment.
- Knowledge of Airflow, MLFlow, Kubeflow or another ML lifecycle pipeline framework is a plus
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools (Jenkins...) is a plus
• Join a passionate team and work with the latest cloud native approaches and technologies (K8S, Docker, Kafka, Terraform, AWS, Azure to name a few)
• A challenging but rewarding environment with international scope
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.