Software Development Lead - Backend
Engineering / R&D – Development
WHO WE ARE:
Talend is a leader in cloud data integration and data integrity.
We are a global company with offices in Redwood City, Paris, London, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, and Bangalore. Our customers are pioneers/innovative leaders in their market when it comes to data and cloud projects. We are proud to count Domino’s, the world’s largest pizza company, Euronext, the #1 stock exchange in Europe, and HP Inc., a leading IT company, as Talend customers.
We enable companies to transform their business by delivering trusted data at the speed of business. Talend offers a suite of apps for data integration and integrity that brings data, people and technology together by generating end-to-end data pipelines.
Customers can collect data; transform it to power analytics; govern it from end-to-end; and share it across internal and external stakeholders. They can work across systems and across environments: in the cloud and on-premises.
To support our growth, we are recruiting a Software Development Lead - Backend for our Cloud Platform Services team in Bonn.
Talend Platform is a project where we develop micro services eg. Identity & Access Management, Logging, Security, Metrics collection services etc. which can be consumed by all Talend applications and products. This project does not only provide the services but also the user interface related to the services. Additionally we develop runtime environment/server which can execute Talend Data pipelines eg. Data integration, BigData, Data preparation jobs.
Architecture & Development
- Develop prototypes quickly to drive platform innovation
- Recommend technical strategy and direction in area(s) of expertise
- Build services that support large, complex applications.
- Conduct complex analysis and provide recommendations on the utilization of emerging and existing technologies
- Build new high level designs as required
Mentoring & Leadership
- Take initiative and share innovative design patterns and frameworks, balancing implications of these choices on application usability, performance and maintainability
- Lead a group of software engineers responsible for delivering scalable and performant platform
- Lead by example, care for your team and always be there for them
- Coach, guide, inspire and motivate team members
DevOps & Testing
- Analyze and improve efficiency, stability and scalability of services
- Build 360-Degree monitoring dashboards of your Microservices
- Strong Java/Scala skills
- Feel comfortable with our current tech stack: NoSQL, RDMS, Spring, Docker, Kubernetes, microservices, various cloud technologies
- You like most of our methods: Agile, continuous integration, automation, Iterative delivery
- Graduated in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience;
- Experience in delivering results in rapid release cycles;
- Professional Java programming experience with RESTful, Message-/Event-Driven technologies, distributed applications;
- For you, it does matter whether an API call takes 1200ms or 200ms
- Experience with OAuth and other IAM related technologies would be a plus.
- Experience with Kubernetes would be a plus.
- An understanding of distributed and cloud computing, incl. deployment related experience (ideally including Docker, AWS);
- Experience working in Agile/Iterative/Scrum development experience;
- Experience with Test-driven development/Unit Testing and automation;
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly in English, both verbally and in writing;
- Self-motivated with strong organizational/prioritization skills and ability to multi-task with close attention to detail.
What we offer you
- Join a passionate team and work with the latest technologies (Hadoop, K8s, Terraform, AWS, GCP to name a few)
- A challenging but rewarding environment with international scope
- Top modern offices with ideal locations
- Regular team events and company celebrations, as well as free drinks
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.