Senior Counsel, Commercial (Remote)
Boston, Massachusetts /
Finance, Accounting, & Legal – Legal /
WHO WE ARE:
We are changing the way the world makes decisions! Talend is a global leader in data integration and data integrity. Our software is used to truly transform business and companies with data. We believe our company has a certain Je ne sais quoi that makes us special and gives us opportunities with purpose. We pride ourselves in our values of Passion, Agility, Team Spirit and Integrity.
We help companies take their data from chaos to clarity by delivering complete, trusted, and timely data to the business.
With over 1,400 employees, we support more than 4,750 enterprise customers globally who have chosen Talend to put their data to work. We are consistently recognized by Forrester and Gartner as a leader in the Data Integration Market and our plan for the future is even more exciting.
We will consider remote candidates in North America.
Talend is seeking a bright, energetic, business-minded and self-motivated attorney with 4+ years of commercial contracts experience gained at a law firm and/or in-house at a technology or internet company to join its legal team.
The Corporate Counsel will be a member of Talend’s Commercial Team, and work on a broad array of legal issues in close collaboration with Talend’s various internal teams and external clients, including sales, channels, partners, product, business development, finance, and IT. In this position, the successful candidate will interface with members of the company's business teams to manage a variety of legal matters. This is a key hire for Talend and a very visible role, as you will be directly impacting our sales team and company’s performance.
- Drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial agreements, including standard customer sales agreements, master services, license, confidentiality and other operational and commercial agreements
- Leading or assisting the Legal team's efforts in the preparation, implementation and refinement of forms, processes and procedures
- Providing advice and counsel to the business team leaders on all legal matters affecting the candidate's areas of coverage, in consultation with other members of the Legal team and outside counsel, as necessary
- Proactively establish relationships with internal clients to support key strategic initiatives and improve how legal services are provided throughout the Talend group of companies
- Develop and maintain a strong knowledge of the products and objectives of those operations
- Conduct periodic employee trainings on relevant matters
- Provide substantive support for the rest of the legal team on an as-needed basis
- JD from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association, and 4+ years of relevant technology transactions experience, with a focus on drafting and negotiating licensing and technology transaction agreements and related professional services contracts.
- Must be licensed to practice law in any state
- Public Sector experience a plus, but not required
- Be passionate about technology and energized by the challenges of serving a dynamic growth company in a cutting-edge sector
- Be extremely bright with the ability to engage effectively with all levels of employees and management, and external clients
- Have excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Be detail-oriented, organized, efficient and resourceful with strong follow-through skills
- Have a practical, business-oriented approach to problem-solving and be able to effectively counsel internal clients by providing them with clear, concise and commercial advice and creative solutions where necessary, on established timelines to meet their business needs.
- Be a strong and astute negotiator with impeccable judgment
- Be able to operate autonomously while being a team player who brings a positive, "can do" attitude to the workplace and works collaboratively with other members of the global legal team and with internal and external clients
- Willingness to roll up sleeves (no job too big or too small) and collaborate cross-functionally
- Be able to manage multiples workloads, client demands and shifting priorities simultaneously within a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- CEO named a 2020 Top Diverse Leader by the National Diversity Council
- SVP of Products named a Top 25 Software Product Executives of 2020 by The Software Report
- 5th consecutive year named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- 3rd consecutive year named as a Leader for Data Quality Solutions in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- Recognized as a Challenger for Enterprise Integration Platform as a Service (iPass) in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Data Fabric
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, Talend believes our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We want to look like our customers, and we recruit, develop and retain the most hardworking people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.