FP&A Analyst, Finance Business Partner
Redwood City, CA
Finance, Accounting, & Legal – Finance / FP&A
WHO WE ARE:
Talend is a leader in cloud data integration and data integrity.
We are a global company with offices in Redwood City, Paris, London, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, and Bangalore. Our customers are pioneers/innovative leaders in their market when it comes to data and cloud projects. We are proud to count Domino’s, the world’s largest pizza company, Euronext, the #1 stock exchange in Europe, and HP Inc., a leading IT company, as Talend customers.
We enable companies to transform their business by delivering trusted data at the speed of business. Talend offers a suite of apps for data integration and integrity that brings data, people and technology together by generating end-to-end data pipelines.
Customers can collect data; transform it to power analytics; govern it from end-to-end; and share it across internal and external stakeholders. They can work across systems and across environments: in the cloud and on-premises.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Talend is hiring a FP&A analyst to join our rapidly-growing Finance team. In this role you will get to work collaboratively with business leaders across the organization to enable operational and strategic planning. You will be responsible for improving strategic and financial decision making across the company and will have the opportunity to make a serious impact as we continue to scale.
This position will report to our FP&A Manager and sit full time in our Redwood City global headquarters
You are a highly-motivated self-starter who is willing to take on a challenge. You are both detail oriented and able to see the bigger picture. You have a solid understanding of the financial statements and are able to build complex models in Excel and financial systems. You are a team player and are also able to lead cross-functional projects with several stakeholders.
WHAT YOU'LL BE WORKING ON:
- Partner with business leaders to understand operational processes and develop reflective models
- Own financial and strategic planning for specific functions and partner with executives or VPs to ensure planning is realistic and accurate
- Develop and maintain financial forecasts and budgets (monthly and quarterly)
- Design and create Anaplan models to support planning and forecasting processes
- Provide business analysis and financial modeling to teams, including ad hoc scenarios, ROI analyses, and application of investment criteria
- Work with other FP&A team members to maintain important company-wide and department specific KPIs providing the company with a quick snapshot of financial and product performance
- Identify areas of improvement in process and tools, make recommendations, and drive implementation
- Support the development of visualization and reporting capabilities in Tableau or Anaplan
- Highly-motivated individual who is entrepreneurial, intellectually curious, innovative, result-driven, and a team player
- Minimum 2-4 years work experience in Financial Planning & Analysis, Public Accounting, Corporate Finance, Investment Banking, and/or Consulting
- Excel mastery and proven experience in building strong financial models required
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy coupled with a deep understanding of the business and financial operations
- Extremely strong analytical, statistical, problem-solving skills, and business acumen
- Able to effectively lead and manage multiple processes in a fast-paced environment
- Significant experience working directly with executives and business leaders to solve complex, ambiguous problems
- Prior experience designing and building models in Anaplan (or other planning systems) strongly preferred
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Experience and proficiency with Tableau, SQL, and/or VBA preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree, although a Master's is strongly preferred, in Economics, Accounting, Finance or related field
- SaaS industry experience preferred
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
Some Cool Perks With Working Here
- An opportunity to work with an international, highly collaborative, and entrepreneurial company with great coworkers who enjoy having fun and working hard
- Competitive salaries and quarterly bonuses for full-time employees
- Equity for all full-time employees
- Comprehensive health insurance available (medical, dental and vision) for you and your family for full-time employees
- Paid time off, sick time, and company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Employer-matching 401K plan and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) for full-time employees
- Commuter benefits, and free employee shuttle to CalTrain for an easy commute anywhere along the 101 corridor
- Weekly catered lunches, which we proudly take the time to sit down and enjoy as a team, weekly rotating food trucks outside our office, and a fully-stocked kitchen with drinks, Philz and Stumptown coffee, healthy snacks, bagels, and candy
- Opportunity to challenge your fellow coworkers to a friendly match of ping pong, cornhole, or foosball in our Game Room
- Free onsite fitness center for employees, and outdoor running trails and full-sized basketball courts
- Working in a new, bright, open-environment and collaborative office
- Choice of MacBook Air or Windows laptop
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.