Information Security Internship - Spring 2021 (Remote)
San Francisco Bay Area, California /
Information Technology, Security, and Business Transformation – Security /
WHO WE ARE:
We are changing the way the world makes decisions! Talend is a global leader in data integration and data integrity. Our software is used to truly transform business and companies with data. We believe our company has a certain Je ne sais quoi that makes us special and gives us opportunities with purpose. We pride ourselves in our values of Passion, Agility, Team Spirit and Integrity.
We help companies take their data from chaos to clarity by delivering complete, trusted, and timely data to the business.
With over 1,400 employees, we support more than 4,750 enterprise customers globally who have chosen Talend to put their data to work. We are consistently recognized by Forrester and Gartner as a leader in the Data Integration Market and our plan for the future is even more exciting.
Talend is looking for interns to support various projects on the Information Security team for Spring 2021. This is a full-time, remote 12-week internship in the US.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Perform comprehensive security analysis (ratings, vulnerabilities, app/config settings, etc.) of our most critical vendors across Talend
- Use Ansible and/or Terraform to automate security and compliance configurations
- Create regular security updates, for example a newsletter or other type of communication, to be shared with Talend, highlighting our team’s current projects and planned projects
- Create Slack workflows to automate internal security processes, for example security awareness training reminders, security alerts and metrics, security news, and/or for incident alerting and monitoring
- Create and implement an effective security awareness campaign to engage employees across Talend
- Create diagrams of the data flow across our security architecture
- Collaborate with teammates and contribute to additional tasks/projects as needed for testing out new security tools, vulnerability management/remediation, backup/recovery, risk/compliance, IT application security, and other areas based on your interests and business needs
- Ability to work full-time for at least 30+ hours per week
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, cybersecurity, engineering, mathematics, or related technical field
- Willingness to learn and apply new skills and technologies
- Desire to make an impact on real-world projects
- Self-study and/or university course(s) in information security, cybersecurity, information assurance, network security, discrete mathematics, data structures, and/or algorithms
- Interest in pursuing a career in Information Security
- Participation in Capture the Flag (CTF) event(s) and/or cybersecurity related hackathons a plus
- Project(s) posted on GitHub or other highlights of outside the classroom activities that demonstrate your interests a plus
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- CEO named a 2020 Top Diverse Leader by the National Diversity Council
- SVP of Products named a Top 25 Software Product Executives of 2020 by The Software Report
- 5th consecutive year named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- 3rd consecutive year named as a Leader for Data Quality Solutions in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- Recognized as a Challenger for Enterprise Integration Platform as a Service (iPass) in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Data Fabric
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, Talend believes our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We want to look like our customers, and we recruit, develop and retain the most hardworking people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.