Big Data Developer - Pipeline Designer
Suresnes, France /
Engineering / R&D – Development /
WHO WE ARE:
Talend, a leader in data integration and data integrity, enables every company to find clarity amidst the chaos.
Talend is the only company to bring together in a single platform all the necessary capabilities that ensure enterprise data is complete, clean, compliant, and readily available to everyone who needs it throughout the organization. With Talend, organizations are able to deliver exceptional customer experiences, make smarter decisions in the moment, drive innovation, and improve operations.
From Domino’s to L’Oréal, over 4,250 organizations across the globe rely on Talend to deliver exceptional customer experiences, make smarter decisions in the moment, drive innovation, and improve operations. Talend has been recognized as a leader in its field by leading analyst firms and industry publications including Forbes, InfoWorld and SD Times.
Talend is Nasdaq listed (TLND) and headquartered in Redwood City, California.
As part of its growth, Talend is looking for a Big Data Developer for its Pipeline Designer team based in Suresnes, France.
- Actively enhancing and maintaining the Pipeline Designer runtime engine
- Participating in the review and the implementation of new processing functionalities in the product
- Actively collaborating with Talend Apache team members on integrating Apache Beam features into the product
- Contributing in requirements analysis and sprints planning
- Contributing in the integration and deployment phases
- Collaborating with other team members in investigating and resolving technical or performance issues and performing root cause analysis
- Maintaining technical documentation
Skills and experience
- BSc or MSc degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- At least around 5 years of practical experience in software development
- Strong knowledge in either Java or Scala
- In-depth knowledge and practical experience in batch and real-time Big Data processing (Spark or any other distributed computing technology, Kafka, Hadoop ecosystem, ...)
- Experience with Big Data cluster setup and administration (Databricks, EMR, CDH, HDP, …)
- Good understanding and hands-on experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly in English, both verbally and in writing.
Nice to have
- Experience with Akka and Play!2 frameworks in Scala
- Experience with a public cloud platform such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience in working within a distributed & international agile team environment.
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Data Fabric
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.