Lead QA Data Governance Platform
Nantes, France /
Engineering / R&D – Quality Assurance /
WHO WE ARE:
We are changing the way the world makes decisions! Talend is a global leader in data integration and data integrity. Our software is used to truly transform business and companies with data. We believe our company has a certain Je ne sais quoi that makes us special and gives us opportunities with purpose. We pride ourselves in our values of Passion, Agility, Team Spirit and Integrity.
We help companies take their data from chaos to clarity by delivering complete, trusted, and timely data to the business.
With over 1,400 employees, we support more than 4,750 enterprise customers globally who have chosen Talend to put their data to work. We are consistently recognized by Forrester and Gartner as a leader in the Data Integration Market and our plan for the future is even more exciting.
As part of its growth, Talend is looking for a Lead QA Engineer (m/f) for its Data Governance Platform team based in Nantes, France. Data Governance Platform team is delivering scalable API as a service backends upon which our data governance cloud applications rely to provide accessible and trustable data to our customer.
· Define and track key metrics to track quality level
· Animate continuous improvement approach for all the Data Governance Platform team
· Lead and Mentor a QA engineering team
· Track QA coverage and efficiency and prioritise effort amongst automated testing and manual testing
· Design and develop test automation enhancements
· Implement fully automated integration and system tests following a BDD (Behavior Driven Development) methodology
· Ensure the E2E tests can be run in a continuous integration pipeline, from environment provisioning to the test results report
· Design and execution of manual tests
· Report and track defects
Skills and experience:
· BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
· 5+ years of practical experience in the role of QA Engineer or Software Developer
· Experience in team management and mentoring
· In-depth knowledge and practical experience in testing techniques
· Good understanding of REST based services, Messaging / Streaming (e.g. Apache ActiveMQ / Kafka)
· Ability to communicate effectively and clearly in English, both verbally and in writing
· Experience in working within a distributed agile team environment
· Passionate about software quality to provide the best experience to our customers
· Strong willing to learn new things including the latest technology
Optional, but desirable:
· Experience in load and performance testing methodology and framework (Gatling)
· Test Tools and Frameworks like JBehave, Cucumber, Selenium, RestAssured
· Container and Container Orchestration (Docker / K8S)
· Cloud Environments / Deployments (AWS, Azure)
What we offer you:
· Join a passionate team and work with the latest cloud native approaches and technologies (Spark, Beam, K8S, Docker, Kafka, Terraform, AWS, Azure to name a few)
· A challenging but rewarding environment with international scope
· Top modern offices with ideal locations
· Regular team events and company celebrations, as well as free drinks
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- CEO named a 2020 Top Diverse Leader by the National Diversity Council
- SVP of Products named a Top 25 Software Product Executives of 2020 by The Software Report
- 5th consecutive year named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- 3rd consecutive year named as a Leader for Data Quality Solutions in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- Recognized as a Challenger for Enterprise Integration Platform as a Service (iPass) in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Data Fabric
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, Talend believes our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We want to look like our customers, and we recruit, develop and retain the most hardworking people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.