Redwood City, California /
Finance, Accounting, & Legal – Finance / FP&A /
WHO WE ARE:
We are changing the way the world makes decisions! Talend is a global leader in data integration and data integrity. Our software is used to truly transform business and companies with data. We believe our company has a certain Je ne sais quoi that makes us special and gives us opportunities with purpose. We pride ourselves in our values of Passion, Agility, Team Spirit and Integrity.
We help companies take their data from chaos to clarity by delivering complete, trusted, and timely data to the business.
With over 1,400 employees, we support more than 4,750 enterprise customers globally who have chosen Talend to put their data to work. We are consistently recognized by Forrester and Gartner as a leader in the Data Integration Market and our plan for the future is even more exciting.
We are hiring for an FP&A Manager to join our finance team. We are looking for someone with strong financial and business acumen, who is a self-starter, a great communicator, and who enjoys collaborating with people with a diverse set of talents, in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate should have proven leadership and management experience, deep analytical capabilities, strong financial modeling and forecasting skills, and excellent attention to detail.
The FP&A Manager reports to the Director of FP&A and will be a key business partner to the R&D and G&A organizations. This role includes regular interaction with senior management and is a great opportunity for impact, accountability, and visibility.
What you'll be working on....
- Lead business partnering across R&D and G&A functions; establish positive relationships with and become a trusted advisor to the executive team and senior business leaders
- Drive the annual budgeting processes and monthly/quarterly forecasting activities in conjunction with R&D and G&A leaders
- Lead a team of analysts that will maintain functional spend models and forecasts and apply analytics to understand core inputs to influence and shape our Product, Cloud and Operational strategy
- Build, develop, and maintain detailed financial and operating models to help predict future performance, perform scenario analyses, and guide the business on strategic decisions
- Partner with the Treasury, FinOps, FP&A, and Strategic Finance teams to forecast cash inflows and outflows
- Own consolidated cash flow forecast and maintain accuracy of the model
- Manage and optimize the production of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial and operational reporting packages for the board of directors, executive team, and senior business leaders
- Identify and lead special and cross-functional projects to improve processes, systems, and automation to help the business scale
- Own, improve, and maintain our Anaplan model and its integration with Talend’s systems
- Oversee, develop, and motivate a team of analysts
We would be excited if you....
- Are a highly motivated individual who is entrepreneurial, intellectually curious, and results driven
- Have 8+ years of work experience in FP&A, corporate finance, strategic finance, investment banking or consulting
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; experience resolving complex business problems with well-structured analytics and modeling
- Self-starter and quick learner; comfortable with ambiguity and effective at managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; capable of communicating complex financial information in an easy to understand format.
- Significant experience working directly with executives and senior business leaders
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Bachelor’s Degree required; a Master's is strongly preferred
- Experience working in Anaplan or other financial planning systems (e.g. Adaptive Insights, Hyperion) strongly preferred. NetSuite and Workday experience a plus.
- SaaS industry experience preferred
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- CEO named a 2020 Top Diverse Leader by the National Diversity Council
- 5th consecutive year named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- 3rd consecutive year named as a Leader for Data Quality Solutions in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- Recognized as a Challenger for Enterprise Integration Platform as a Service (iPass) in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Data Fabric
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
Some Cool Perks With Working Here
- An opportunity to work with an international, highly collaborative, and entrepreneurial company with great coworkers who enjoy having fun and working hard
- Competitive salaries and quarterly bonuses for full-time employees
- Equity consideration for all full-time employees
- Comprehensive health insurance available (medical, dental and vision) for you and your family for full-time employees
- Paid time off, sick time, and company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Employer-matching 401K plan and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) for full-time employees
- Commuter benefits, and free employee shuttle to CalTrain for an easy commute anywhere along the 101 corridor
- Weekly catered lunches, which we proudly take the time to sit down and enjoy as a team, weekly rotating food trucks outside our office, and a fully-stocked kitchen with drinks, Philz and Stumptown coffee, healthy snacks, bagels, and candy
- Opportunity to challenge your fellow coworkers to a friendly match of ping pong, cornhole, or foosball in our Game Room
- Free onsite fitness center for employees, and outdoor running trails and full-sized basketball courts
- Working in a new, bright, open-environment and collaborative office
- Choice of MacBook or Windows laptop
As a global employer, Talend believes our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We want to look like our customers, and we recruit, develop and retain the most hardworking people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.