Solutions Engineer Lead (Presales)
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Sales / Business Development – Sales Engineering
WHO WE ARE:
Talend, a leader in data integration and data integrity, enables every company to find clarity amidst the chaos.
Talend is the only company to bring together in a single platform all the necessary capabilities that ensure enterprise data is complete, clean, compliant, and readily available to everyone who needs it throughout the organization. With Talend, organizations are able to deliver exceptional customer experiences, make smarter decisions in the moment, drive innovation, and improve operations.
From Domino’s to L’Oréal, over 4,250 organizations across the globe rely on Talend to deliver exceptional customer experiences, make smarter decisions in the moment, drive innovation, and improve operations. Talend has been recognized as a leader in its field by leading analyst firms and industry publications including Forbes, InfoWorld and SD Times.
Talend is Nasdaq listed (TLND) and headquartered in Redwood City, California.
As part of our exceptional growth across EMEA Talend are seeking a highly experienced, driven, passionate & technically minded Solutions Engineer for an exciting leading pre-sales role based out of our UK offices (Maidenhead).
It is a great time to join Talend; Our leading edge innovative product suite has global reach supporting some of the world’s top companies. Our data management solutions are the most widely used in the world, with our portfolio of products now reaching well beyond our Data Integration & Data Quality roots; with robust solutions in Cloud, Big Data, Master Data Management (MDM), and ESB.
As a successful candidate you will play a lead role in securing the ‘technical win’ in these data spaces; Working with clients from developer level through to CxO, you will utilise your business & technical expertise from the Discovery stage through to Demonstration & PoC, to securing the technical and commercial win with a client. Further to this you will be tasked with some of the more complex and wider reaching client projects, utilising your technical and customer facing experience. You will be a hands-on, technically astute story teller who thinks on their feet. You understand, analyse and then customise the right solution from Talend’s innovative product suite; All the while guiding the client, forging a strong working relationship alongside the sales and technical teams.
What you will do:
- Identify business issues and relate them to Talend product capabilities; articulating our value proposition and how we stand out from the pack across all levels within prospect client organisations
- Engage and respond to RFI & RFP procurement processes
- Build comprehensive demonstrations and confidently deliver presentations to tech and non-tech stakeholders
- Hands-on Management and delivery of successful PoCs
- Collaboratively work with Talend’s sales and technical divisions to ensure the very best customer experience, product delivery and future retention as we build a network of advocates of the Talend platform
- Take ownership of high priority, high technical and unique customer projects
What we would love to see from you:
- An excellent background in pre-sales with a proven track record of success
- A strong background in technical or development with a passion for hands on technical problem solving
- A Passion for data and the latest innovations in the space
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skill
- Strong ability and experience with two or more of the following:
- Data Quality (DQ)
- Data Integration (ETL)
- Master Data Management (MDM)
- Enterprise Service Bus (ESB)
- Business Process Management (BPM)
- Big Data (Hadoop distributions and key technologies, NoSQL etc)
- Tech knowledge should also include Java, SQL or RDBMS, XML & HTML
- Strong time management across multiple concurrent projects
What Talend can offer you:
- Working in an international team with cutting edge technologies
- Exceptional opportunities for progression- both in technical ability and your career at large
- We reward those that go the extra mile and who move business forward
- Top modern offices and working environments alongside a motivated and high functioning team
- Regular team and company events, as well as perks ranging from free drinks and snacks to lunches, parties and seasonal events
- Highly competitive benefits packages
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.