IT Security Engineer
Redwood City, CA
Information Technology – Security
WHO WE ARE:
Talend is a leader in cloud data integration and data integrity.
We are a global company with offices in Redwood City, Paris, London, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, and Bangalore. Our customers are pioneers/innovative leaders in their market when it comes to data and cloud projects. We are proud to count Domino’s, the world’s largest pizza company, Euronext, the #1 stock exchange in Europe, and HP Inc., a leading IT company, as Talend customers.
We enable companies to transform their business by delivering trusted data at the speed of business. Talend offers a suite of apps for data integration and integrity that brings data, people and technology together by generating end-to-end data pipelines.
Customers can collect data; transform it to power analytics; govern it from end-to-end; and share it across internal and external stakeholders. They can work across systems and across environments: in the cloud and on-premises.
We are looking for an experienced Security Engineer with a track record of success within the enterprise space. This person will be responsible for designing and establishing scalable solutions, alongside defending critical infrastructure.
· Assist with day to day Security Operations (Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Assessment, Patch Management, Incident Response, etc.)
· Build and maintain proper relationships with product & infrastructure engineering teams
· Identify and respond/remediate security threats by conducting continual monitoring, vulnerability assessments and log analysis
· Create technical and managerial documentation, topologies and metrics to support internal and external engagements
· Use automation as a path to create efficient and manageable workflows
· Deploy, configure, and assess configuration processes in PaaS/IaaS environments.
· Establish and improve existing change management protocols
· Contribute to the deployment and maintenance of information security strategies and architectures
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or equivalent years of experience
· 2-4 years of experience within the information security field
· Understanding of network and application level threat vectors, attack techniques, remediation procedures and network protocols (TCP/IP, IPSEC, routing, etc.)
· Knowledge of operating system internals and hardening standards (Linux, OS X, Windows)
· Hands-on experience with popular SIEM’s (Splunk, QRadar, etc.)
· Proficiency in languages/tools such as Python, PowerShell, Bash Scripting, Ansible
· Knowledge of the OWASP Top 10 and CWE Top 25
· Experience designing secure networks and application architectures
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills
· Advanced Linux and Systems administration
· Strong scripting abilities (i.e. Python, Bash)
· Security+, OSCP, GSEC, CEH certifications a plus
· IDaaS administration
· Experience with cloud security solutions and best practices
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
Some Cool Perks With Working Here
- An opportunity to work with an international, highly collaborative, and entrepreneurial company with great coworkers who enjoy having fun and working hard
- Competitive salaries and quarterly bonuses for full-time employees
- Equity for all full-time employees
- Comprehensive health insurance available (medical, dental and vision) for you and your family for full-time employees
- Paid time off, sick time, and company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Employer-matching 401K plan and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) for full-time employees
- Commuter benefits, and free employee shuttle to CalTrain for an easy commute anywhere along the 101 corridor
- Weekly catered lunches, which we proudly take the time to sit down and enjoy as a team, weekly rotating food trucks outside our office, and a fully-stocked kitchen with drinks, Philz and Stumptown coffee, healthy snacks, bagels, and candy
- Opportunity to challenge your fellow coworkers to a friendly match of ping pong, cornhole, or foosball in our Game Room
- Free onsite fitness center for employees, and outdoor running trails and full-sized basketball courts
- Working in a new, bright, open-environment and collaborative office
- Choice of MacBook Air or Windows laptop
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.