Enterprise Business Development Representative
Mendota Heights, MN
Sales / Business Development – Corporate Sales / Inside Sales
WHO WE ARE:
Talend is a leader in cloud data integration and data integrity.
We are a global company with offices in Redwood City, Paris, London, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, and Bangalore. Our customers are pioneers/innovative leaders in their market when it comes to data and cloud projects. We are proud to count Domino’s, the world’s largest pizza company, Euronext, the #1 stock exchange in Europe, and HP Inc., a leading IT company, as Talend customers.
We enable companies to transform their business by delivering trusted data at the speed of business. Talend offers a suite of apps for data integration and integrity that brings data, people and technology together by generating end-to-end data pipelines.
Customers can collect data; transform it to power analytics; govern it from end-to-end; and share it across internal and external stakeholders. They can work across systems and across environments: in the cloud and on-premises.
A sales job at Talend is more than just exceeding quota. It’s about adding true value to our customers.
We are looking for results driven candidates who have strong sales and communications skills with a basic understanding of technology infrastructure and business process. We also look for the right attitude and aptitude in a candidate around a customer’s overall success.
You will be responsible for responding to inquiries from new prospects unfamiliar with the value of Talend to helping customers find the smartest way to increase their investment with Talend. You will be teamed with our outside sales teams to uncover, qualify and nurture new opportunities both at a strategic and tactical level. You know how to mange your time and pipeline effectively to hit and exceed quarterly objectives. You are creative, fearless, persistent and a positive “high energy” individual.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Build a robust healthy pipeline through inbound and outbound prospecting to identify new business
- Understand and effectively communicate Talend’s Value Proposition
- Identify, Develop and advance opportunities through the sales cycle
- Apply effective organization and time management skills to include: call volume management (both new and callbacks) and timely follow up activities
- Tailor the Company’s value proposition and capabilities to the individual client’s business needs in order to maximize the opportunity and build value to help close the sale
- Make outbound calls to generate leads
- Follow up on sales leads generated by Talend’s marketing engine
- Meet and exceed your assigned sales quota and performance objectives
- Continue to build your personal skillset – You can never learn enough!
- 1+ years of successfully generating sales opportunities
- Excellent organizational skills and follow up skills
- Highly engaging over the phone
- Background of exceptional quota attainment
- Excellent knowledge of MS-Office, Salesforce, Outreach, DiscoverOrg, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, etc...
- Ability to effectively operate with high energy and flexibility in a fast paced, constantly evolving, team environment
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent experience
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.