Senior Scala/Big Data developer - Pipeline Designer
Engineering / R&D – Development
WHO WE ARE:
Talend is a leader in cloud data integration and data integrity.
We are a global company with offices in Redwood City, Paris, London, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, and Bangalore. Our customers are pioneers/innovative leaders in their market when it comes to data and cloud projects. We are proud to count Domino’s, the world’s largest pizza company, Euronext, the #1 stock exchange in Europe, and HP Inc., a leading IT company, as Talend customers.
We enable companies to transform their business by delivering trusted data at the speed of business. Talend offers a suite of apps for data integration and integrity that brings data, people and technology together by generating end-to-end data pipelines.
Customers can collect data; transform it to power analytics; govern it from end-to-end; and share it across internal and external stakeholders. They can work across systems and across environments: in the cloud and on-premises.
As part of its growth, Talend is looking for a Senior Scala/Big Data Developer for its Pipeline Designer team based in Suresnes, France.
- Actively enhancing and maintaining the Pipeline Designer application (runtime engine and backend services)
- Actively collaborating with Talend Apache team members on integrating Apache Beam features into the product
- Collaborating with other Talend Cloud teams to integrate with their products
- Contributing in requirements analysis and sprints planning
- Contributing in the integration and deployment phases
- Mentoring/guiding junior team members
Skills and experience
- BSc or MSc degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- At least 7 years of practical experience in software development
- Strong knowledge in Scala, knowledge in Java
- In-depth knowledge and practical experience in batch and real-time Big Data processing (Spark or any other distributed computing technology, Kafka, Hadoop ecosystem, ...)
- Experience with Akka and Play!2 frameworks in Scala
- Experience with Big Data cluster setup and administration (Databricks, EMR, CDH, HDP, …)
- Good understanding and hands-on experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly in English, both verbally and in writing.
Nice to have
- Experience with a public cloud platform such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience in working within a distributed & international agile team environment.
What we offer you
- Join a passionate team and work with the latest cloud native approaches and technologies (Spark, Beam, Akka, Play!2, K8S, Docker, Kafka, Terraform, AWS, Azure to name a few)
- A challenging but rewarding environment with international scope
- Top modern offices with ideal locations
- Regular team events and company celebrations, as well as free drinks
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.