Senior Scala - BigData Developer - Pipeline Designer
Engineering / R&D – Development
WHO WE ARE:
Talend, a leader in data integration and data integrity, enables every company to find clarity amidst the chaos.
Talend is the only company to bring together in a single platform all the necessary capabilities that ensure enterprise data is complete, clean, compliant, and readily available to everyone who needs it throughout the organization. With Talend, organizations are able to deliver exceptional customer experiences, make smarter decisions in the moment, drive innovation, and improve operations.
From Domino’s to L’Oréal, over 4,250 organizations across the globe rely on Talend to deliver exceptional customer experiences, make smarter decisions in the moment, drive innovation, and improve operations. Talend has been recognized as a leader in its field by leading analyst firms and industry publications including Forbes, InfoWorld and SD Times.
Talend is Nasdaq listed (TLND) and headquartered in Redwood City, California.
Talend is hiring a Senior Scala/BigData Developer for its Pipeline Designer team based in Suresnes, France.
- Contribute to Pipeline Designer development, test and deployment
- Participate to technical design with the rest of the team
- Collaborate with Talend Apache team members on integrating Apache Beam features into the product
- Bring new ideas and technical solutions
Skills and experience
- MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3 to 5 years of practical experience in software development
- In-depth knowledge and practical experience in Big Data (Spark, HDFS, Hbase, Hive, Kafka …)
- Strong knownledge in either Java or Scala
- Experience in working within a distributed agile team environment
- Good English level (written and spoken)
- Knowledge on Cloud technology (AWS, Azure or GCP), Docker and K8S are welcome
- Optionally previous experience in Akka and play in Scala
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.