VP of Finance and Corporate Development
Redwood City, California /
Finance, Accounting, & Legal – Finance / FP&A /
WHO WE ARE:
We are changing the way the world makes decisions! Talend is a global leader in data integration and data integrity. Our software is used to truly transform business and companies with data. We believe our company has a certain Je ne sais quoi that makes us special and gives us opportunities with purpose. We pride ourselves in our values of Passion, Agility, Team Spirit and Integrity.
We help companies take their data from chaos to clarity by delivering complete, trusted, and timely data to the business.
With over 1,400 employees, we support more than 4,750 enterprise customers globally who have chosen Talend to put their data to work. We are consistently recognized by Forrester and Gartner as a leader in the Data Integration Market and our plan for the future is even more exciting.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the VP/Finance and Corporate Development, is a key member of Talend’s finance leadership team. This leader will drive strategic business partnerships with finance and executive leaders, ensuring Talend’s planning, visibility and strategy are best-in-class. The role oversees established FP&A and Enterprise Analytics functions, and will be responsible for establishing and growing the Corporate Development function at Talend.
- Establish and build the Corporate Development (CD) function to grow with Talend.
- Work closely with executive leadership in refining corporate development strategy. Note: the Corporate Development aspect of the role will not be standalone; members of our finance team have investment banking background and can assist in strategizing the end to end process
- Partner with executive leadership, product management and technology alliances to develop strategies and identify acquisition and investment opportunities that accelerate Talend’s mission
- Drive the overall corporate development pipeline, including sourcing new opportunities, and building relationships with the venture capital, private equity and investment banking communities
- Mange transaction structuring, business planning, due diligence, and negotiation as well as transaction closing
- Manage operational and financial integration of acquired businesses, including leading cross-departmental teams
- Lead a FP&A and Analytics team (currently 18 members) that promotes a positive, high-performing, innovative and growth-oriented environment that consistently delivers results; establish clear goals for both team performance and personal development
- Build and maintain strong relationships across the extended Talend leadership team, ensuring that we are thinking holistically and long-term across all functions with respect to planning, analytics, and corporate development
- Invest in the team's core skills of business acumen and operational excellence, to ensure we deliver a consistent high-quality experience for business partners and Talend’s customers
- Increase the consistency and quality of reporting to provide clear insights and speed decision-making
- Work across the organization to implement a cohesive analytics framework to monitor and measure Talend’s business
- Champion diversity and inclusion in all aspects of management and talent development
- 10-15+ years of experience in corporate development and/or finance at growing software (preferably SaaS) companies
- Deep understanding of the software landscape and software business models
- Proven subject matter expertise in all aspects of the M&A process including valuation, revenue modeling, deal structuring, negotiation, integration planning, and execution of deals
- Strong business and financial acumen to facilitate strategic planning, business reviews, market and opportunity assessments, and financial analysis of opportunities.
- Excellent executive presence and leadership skills to effectively work cross functionally in the organization with track record building collaborative relationships with team members (peers, staff, executive level, and Board of Directors)
- Significant experience directing and conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses of complex data, including market and competitor analysis, customer analysis, technology assessment and financial modeling
- Strong and persuasive communicator, with ability to partner at the most senior levels of the organization and experience presenting at senior levels
- Experience working in a dynamic, high-growth company where adaptability is imperative
- Comfortable and thrives working in an agile environment and can adapt to evolving priorities
Although the posting says Redwood City, CA, we are willing to consider candidates who live near our other US offices: Boston, Philadelphia, Irvine (CA), Atlanta, or Minneapolis.
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- CEO named a 2020 Top Diverse Leader by the National Diversity Council
- 5th consecutive year named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- 3rd consecutive year named as a Leader for Data Quality Solutions in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- Recognized as a Challenger for Enterprise Integration Platform as a Service (iPass) in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Data Fabric
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
Some Cool Perks With Working Here
- An opportunity to work with an international, highly collaborative, and entrepreneurial company with great coworkers who enjoy having fun and working hard
- Competitive salaries and quarterly bonuses for full-time employees
- Equity consideration for all full-time employees
- Comprehensive health insurance available (medical, dental and vision) for you and your family for full-time employees
- Paid time off, sick time, and company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Employer-matching 401K plan and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) for full-time employees
- Commuter benefits, and free employee shuttle to CalTrain for an easy commute anywhere along the 101 corridor
- Weekly catered lunches, which we proudly take the time to sit down and enjoy as a team, weekly rotating food trucks outside our office, and a fully-stocked kitchen with drinks, Philz and Stumptown coffee, healthy snacks, bagels, and candy
- Opportunity to challenge your fellow coworkers to a friendly match of ping pong, cornhole, or foosball in our Game Room
- Free onsite fitness center for employees, and outdoor running trails and full-sized basketball courts
- Working in a new, bright, open-environment and collaborative office
- Choice of MacBook or Windows laptop
As a global employer, Talend believes our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We want to look like our customers, and we recruit, develop and retain the most hardworking people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.