Sr. Solutions Engineer
Greater Minneapolis-St. Paul Area, Minnesota /
Sales / Business Development – Sales Engineering /
WHO WE ARE:
Talend, a leader in data integration and data integrity, enables every company to find clarity amidst the chaos.
Talend is the only company to bring together in a single platform all the necessary capabilities that ensure enterprise data is complete, clean, compliant, and readily available to everyone who needs it throughout the organization. With Talend, organizations are able to deliver exceptional customer experiences, make smarter decisions in the moment, drive innovation, and improve operations.
From Domino’s to L’Oréal, over 4,250 organizations across the globe rely on Talend to deliver exceptional customer experiences, make smarter decisions in the moment, drive innovation, and improve operations. Talend has been recognized as a leader in its field by leading analyst firms and industry publications including Forbes, InfoWorld and SD Times.
Talend is Nasdaq listed (TLND) and headquartered in Redwood City, California.
We are hiring a senior level Solutions Engineer (Pre-Sales Engineer) to keep building a proactive, customer-facing organization that ensures customers are getting value from Talend’s products and solutions.
The Solution Engineering team at Talend is core to the success of our customer and to the company.
The main responsibilities are to secure the “technical win” during competitive sales cycle; making sure the solution we propose is providing the best outcome to our customer and that we demonstrate the value of it clearly and efficiently.
It is a key balance between the ability to go deep into the product while articulating strong business driven solution in front of the prospects.
You work in conjunction with the Account Executive and the extended sales team to achieve that goal.
You are also responsible to help key existing customer to fully embrace the full potential of the Talend solutions, in conjunction with the Customer Success team.
Overall, we are looking for motivated candidates focused on evangelizing Talend technology and securing Talend as the preferred technology for joint go to market solutions.
Key job functions include:
Identifying business issues and relating them to Talend capabilities
Articulating Talend’s value proposition and differentiation at all levels within Enterprise Accounts in conjunction with the Account Executive
Engaging in and responding to RFI/RFP procurement processes
Building and delivering comprehensive customized demonstrations
Working within the sales team to own technical relationships with prospects from developer to CIO
Managing and delivering Proof of Concepts (POC) and workshops.
Delivering technical presentations and demonstrations during marketing activities such as trade shows or virtual events.
The candidate should match the following profile:
Demonstrated success at working both independently and as a valued team player
Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
Managing a high number of concurrent active prospects
Experience working complex multi-solution six-figure deals
- Gartner published their Magic Quadrant for Data Integration Tools. This marked the third straight year with Talend being the only Open Source data integration leader. Of note, Talend’s “Ability to Execute” score improved significantly and Talend edged out SAP for the number 3 spot on the Ability to Execute axis. A big piece of this improvement is because we are growing 4.6 times faster than the overall market (40% versus 8.6%) and as a result, we are taking share from leaders and challengers alike.
- Talend provides a various range of solution to collect, transform, govern and share data, in a unique way, through a unified, flexible, hybrid (on-prem and cloud) and future proof platform; including lift and shift to the Cloud with Stitch Data Loader, Data Integration (ETL), Application Integration (ESB), Data Quality, Data Governance, API Services, Big Data Integration and Data Catalog solutions. Talend is an open-core solution now leading the Cloud Integration market.
- This is more than enough to get an exciting challenge for any tech mind who wants to have a powerful solution that can tackle any data challenges of the 21st century. And this is also a wonderful place to be when you want to transform technical solutions into value added proposition to your prospects and customers.
We would love it if you have......
- Significant and current experience of one or more of the following disciplines:
- Data Integration / Data Engineering using an ETL of the market; experienced in Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence (Kimball approach or DataVault approach)
- Technical knowledge should include some of the following JAVA, Python, SQL, XML, JSON, XSD, XSLT, HTML, .NET…
- Big Data (Hadoop distributions and key technologies such as Spark or another related framework, …)
- Data Quality (DQ)
- Enterprise Service Bus (ESB / EAI) and API
- Queuing Services (Kafka, ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ,…)
- Relational and NoSQL databases
- Understanding of key Cloud Data management technologies (AWS Redshift, Snowflake, EMR, Azure Synapse, Google Big Query, Databricks, Qubole,…) and basic knowledge of cloud provider offering (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Note that this is a hands-on role and requires the pre-sales engineer to install and configure the Talend software and build solution to meet the needs of the POC as defined and agreed with the customer.
- Ability to deliver solution presentation and demonstration in a competitive and sales environment
This is a position based out of Minneapolis, MN, USA area. The SE will be working from home as a remote worker but can go to the Minneapolis office if needed and will have to travel to prospect and customer sites regularly. (Up to 50% is possible at times, but 20% is probably about average over the course of a year)
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Data Fabric
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.