QA Owner Cloud Platform Services
Engineering / R&D – Quality Assurance
WHO WE ARE:
Talend is a leader in cloud data integration and data integrity.
We are a global company with offices in Redwood City, Paris, London, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, and Bangalore. Our customers are pioneers/innovative leaders in their market when it comes to data and cloud projects. We are proud to count Domino’s, the world’s largest pizza company, Euronext, the #1 stock exchange in Europe, and HP Inc., a leading IT company, as Talend customers.
We enable companies to transform their business by delivering trusted data at the speed of business. Talend offers a suite of apps for data integration and integrity that brings data, people and technology together by generating end-to-end data pipelines.
Customers can collect data; transform it to power analytics; govern it from end-to-end; and share it across internal and external stakeholders. They can work across systems and across environments: in the cloud and on-premises.
We are looking for a QA Owner for our Cloud Platform Services team in Nantes (France) or Bonn (Germany).
Talend Platform is a project where we develop micro services eg. Identity & Access Management, Logging, Security, Metrics collection services etc. which can be consumed by all Talend applications and products. This project does not only provide the services but also the user interface related to the services. Additionally we develop runtime environment/server which can execute Talend Data pipelines eg. Data integration, BigData, Data preparation jobs.
- Establish a QA strategy to scale for rapid iterative developments.
- Establish QA metrics and dashboards to provide insights on our SDLC.
- Lead a small team of QA experts.
- Active participation in Scrum rituals, with an emphasis on iterative improvement and shared team goals.
- Implement performance, scalability and security compliance testing and provide benchmarks for them.
- Develop automated test cases which can be incorporated into the Continuous Delivery pipeline.
- Promotion of best practice testing within the team using any other frameworks and tools.
- Engage with other teams in the organization to ensure functional quality, performance and scalability.
- You are an Agile practitioner with a strong background in software testing and cloud technology.
- You apply the most relevant skills, and seek to learn new ones, to complete highly complex tasks.
- You are enthused about testing methodologies, frameworks, libraries and tools.
- You provide testing guidance in the evolution of stories at all points within the SDLC.
- You learn fast and have a desire to share knowledge effectively.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- 5+ years of professional experience as an Automation QA Test Lead.
- Practical experience working with cloud providers like AWS, Azure etc.
- Practical experience of using agile development methodologies.
Methodologies & Technologies:
- Test case creation, execution and management of functional, automated and performance tests.
- Good knowledge of automation testing tools/frameworks like Selenium, JMeter etc.
- Browser compatibility testing.
- Test-driven development (TDD), behaviour-driven development (BDD), GUI testing, micro-services testing.
- Knowledge of automated build / Continuous Integration platforms, e.g. Gradle and Jenkins.
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.