Engineering / R&D – Development
WHO WE ARE:
Talend is a leader in cloud data integration and data integrity.
We are a global company with offices in Redwood City, Paris, London, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, and Bangalore. Our customers are pioneers/innovative leaders in their market when it comes to data and cloud projects. We are proud to count Domino’s, the world’s largest pizza company, Euronext, the #1 stock exchange in Europe, and HP Inc., a leading IT company, as Talend customers.
We enable companies to transform their business by delivering trusted data at the speed of business. Talend offers a suite of apps for data integration and integrity that brings data, people and technology together by generating end-to-end data pipelines.
Customers can collect data; transform it to power analytics; govern it from end-to-end; and share it across internal and external stakeholders. They can work across systems and across environments: in the cloud and on-premises.
Talend is hiring a Java Developer for the Data Quality team. Data quality is a key ingredient appearing in all Talend products.
The team focus is on building reusable, optimized, innovative and efficient libraries/services of algorithms pertaining to data quality.
The data quality topics addressed by the team extend from statistical data profiling to data deduplication and data standardization, data parsing, data cleansing, data enrichment.
The new hire will participate in building a new application to manage and apply data quality rules, which constitute the basis of everyday data quality projects.
The context of application where data quality is crucial can range from standard Java environments to distributed big data environments with Apache Spark components or Apache Beam connectors.
As a transversal team, the team regularly interacts with several other development teams and participates in the integration of the developed libraries into the Talend products.
- Implement data quality related algorithms required by Talend products
- Research and suggest new approaches to solve data quality issues
- Work together with the QA team to put in place the appropriate testing scenarios
- Ensure the test coverage of the libraries with the QA team
- Work together with other development teams to integrate the libraries in their product
- Write technical and research documents
- Regularly report to your manager
Skills and Experience
- Computer sciences degree or equivalent
- Experience in Software development using unit test, git, jira
- Experience using Java 8 language
- Data processing, distributed data processing
- Information Retrieval
- Rule engines, expert systems
- Semantic web, graph databases, linked data
- Machine learning algorithms
- Hadoop, Spark, ElasticSearch
- Data standards
- Distributed Big Data systems peculiarities (distributed algorithms, probabilistic computation, parallelization...)
- Fluent professional English and French (spoken & written)
- Easily join the data quality scrum team
- Easy communication with other teams
- Ability to write documents and specifications
- Ability to present results of work done
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.