Principal Customer Success Manager
Customer Success – Customer Success Managers
WHO WE ARE:
Talend is a leader in cloud data integration and data integrity.
We are a global company with offices in Redwood City, Paris, London, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, and Bangalore. Our customers are pioneers/innovative leaders in their market when it comes to data and cloud projects. We are proud to count Domino’s, the world’s largest pizza company, Euronext, the #1 stock exchange in Europe, and HP Inc., a leading IT company, as Talend customers.
We enable companies to transform their business by delivering trusted data at the speed of business. Talend offers a suite of apps for data integration and integrity that brings data, people and technology together by generating end-to-end data pipelines.
Customers can collect data; transform it to power analytics; govern it from end-to-end; and share it across internal and external stakeholders. They can work across systems and across environments: in the cloud and on-premises.
- Assist customers to adopt our technology, by answering their questions and directing them to appropriate educational and support resources.
- Improve scalability with well-targeted one-to-many communications with customers.
- Respond promptly to customer inquiries.
- Develop knowledge resources to assist customers, including a knowledgebase for commonly asked questions, and enhancements to our Customer Success portal.
- Become an expert on Talend technologies, and the ways that customers apply them to solve business challenges.
- Discover the business goals of your customers’ projects, and how they are using Talend to achieve those goals.
- Identify opportunities for growth and expansion within your customers.
- Identify and quantify key factors for success of your customers, and develop programs to meet those criteria.
- Programmatically provide regular communications.
- Communicate common enhancement requests effectively, to influence the product roadmap.
- Track customer progress, and communicate accurate status for your customers.
How you will be measured:
- Increase customer adoption, engagement, retention and satisfaction, as tracked via cloud metrics, renewal rates and customer surveys
- Progress in expanding your technical expertise
- Maintaining a cadence of communications with small and medium business (SMB) and Cloud customers
- Net renewal rate and logo retention of SMB and Cloud customers
We are seeking someone with:
- 6+ years of experience working in customer-facing roles
- A successful record as a technology advisor, pre-sales engineer, consulting engineer, or product or technical account manager within the data analytics ecosystem
- Knowledge of corporate IT projects and processes including SDLC, etc.
- Subject matter expertise in at least one of the following: data integration, data modeling, ETL/ELT architectures, application integration, and application development methods
- Ability to discuss benefits and risks of technology choices with customers to drive informed technology decisions
- A quantitative approach to understanding, measuring and forecasting customer behavior and revenue
- Ability to identify and position opportunities for growth within customers
- Perspective to blend technology and business strategy to develop customer and partner success plans
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships with colleagues and partners in diverse functions, including Sales, Engineering, Marketing, Legal, Architects, Support, and Finance
- Excellent verbal and written communications and presentation skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English and German. Additional European languages desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-growing dynamic company
- Understanding of the data and application integration markets, current market trends and industry players
- Recent experience with 2 or more of the following technology areas:
- Big Data (Hadoop distributions and key technologies)
- Relational and NoSQL databases
- Cloud Computing (AWS and / or AZURE ecosytem)
- Data Integration (ETL/ELT)
- Master Data Management (MDM)
- Data Governance
- Data Quality (DQ)
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.