Professional Services – Professional Services
WHO WE ARE:
Talend is a leader in cloud data integration and data integrity.
We are a global company with offices in Redwood City, Paris, London, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, and Bangalore. Our customers are pioneers/innovative leaders in their market when it comes to data and cloud projects. We are proud to count Domino’s, the world’s largest pizza company, Euronext, the #1 stock exchange in Europe, and HP Inc., a leading IT company, as Talend customers.
We enable companies to transform their business by delivering trusted data at the speed of business. Talend offers a suite of apps for data integration and integrity that brings data, people and technology together by generating end-to-end data pipelines.
Customers can collect data; transform it to power analytics; govern it from end-to-end; and share it across internal and external stakeholders. They can work across systems and across environments: in the cloud and on-premises.
Professional Services at Talend is not just a P&L; it’s a strategic part of our company that helps drive our growth through the success of our customer base. The Services we deliver are designed to provide guidance, best practices, and help our customers scale their deployments of Talend across an enterprise.
The Strategic Architect works with our customers to provide reference and implementation architectures for enterprise-wide transformational integration activities. The Strategic Architect acts as a trusted advisor to our customers and provides technology leadership on integration best practices and governance.
Who we are:
- Our architecture and technology uniquely position us to take advantage of constant innovation in data and processing technologies, such as Hadoop and Spark. As a result, we provide the fastest, most scalable data integration platform in the industry, and we support Big Data natively.
- Our Professional Services team is a critical part of our Customer Success organization and is comprised of some of the deepest subject matter experts in the world on our technologies. Our Customer Success organization is over 200 people strong – consisting of Professional Services Consultants, Support Engineers, Customer Success Managers, Customer Success Architects, and a Technical Enablement Team – all with a passion for creating successful, loyal customers.
Who you are:
- A customer-centric, intellectually curious, bright, energetic person with the ability to drive the successful delivery of Talend Services.
- A true lover of data.
- A thought leader who can work in a fast-paced environment and consistently meet internal and external deadlines
- Someone who is energized by finding a solution to a problem.
- A consultant with deep experience in BI, Data Warehousing, Data Integration, MDM, Application Integration, Cloud Infrastructure (AWS, Google, or Azure) or Big Data (extra credit for more than one)
- A team player who creates a culture that understands that our internal standards and expectations need to be higher than our customers’
- You think, every day, about how you can improve the experience of your customers
- You have experience in the arena of Big Data and are looking for the next “Big Thing”
What you will do:
- Act as a technology advisor to Talend’s Strategic and Enterprise customers
- Design solutions for customer’s business requirements using Talend services and drive business-aligned strategic change within their organizations
- Architect enterprise-wide data integration solutions for Talend customers
- Work with customer staff at all levels of the organization, from executives to implementation team members, to build a data integration deployment roadmap
- Provide architecture reviews, application discussions and prototype, or full development as needed
- Work with enterprise architecture and governance teams, business line IT architects, and data management leadership to drive effective utilization and adoption of Talend platform capabilities
- Work with customers to deploy, manage and audit the best practice use of our software
- Identify opportunities for products and services at existing customers
- Perform data and/or application integration design and development, technical product assistance and tuning to meet customer performance and functional requirements
- Develop Best Practices based on field experience
- Monitor implementation activity to ensure architecture and design principles are upheld
- Participate in governance team discussions and provide a strong voice on critical decisions
- Communicate complex technical concepts effectively to a broad group of stakeholders
- Guide projects using Talend methodology and best-practices to ensure customer success and a high return on Talend software investments
- Work with customer staff at all levels of the organization, from executives to implementation resources, to build a data integration deployment roadmap
- Develop a Talend Education Services plan, working with customer resources to ensure a strong working knowledge of Talend products
- Build collaborative relationships with Regional Professional Services Managers and Sales Account Executives to assist them with effective positioning of the strategic services to our Enterprise customers
Desirable skills and experience:
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related area and 10+ years of experience in the field, in a related area or a master’s degree
- Must have deep exposure to Data Integration, preferably with Talend’s products
- Strong understanding of integration design patterns & best practices
- Experience in designing and building integrations between multiple on premises and/or cloud hosted systems
- Experience in defining reference and implementation architectures for Enterprises
- Expert-level knowledge and implementation experience in at least two areas including Data Integration, Data Management, Data Quality, Data Governance, Data Architecture, Big Data and Cloud
- Strong RDBMS skills. Database appliance skills is a plus including Netezza, Greenplum, Teradata and Exadata
- Preferable to have Architecture and working knowledge with any one Columnar or No SQL Database
- Practical knowledge and working experience in Enterprise Scale Big Data Solution Architecture with at least one leading on-premise or Cloud Hadoop distributions (Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR or AWS, Azure, Google)
- Able to understand complex architectures involving multiple products to achieve a solution and present Talend value proposition to meet customers Architecture needs
- Experience working on Linux or Unix based Platforms is preferred
- Ability to troubleshoot complex development and performance issues and define a plan to address those issues
- Technical aggressiveness, demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and business requirements
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving ability
- Experience leading and managing engagements and implementations
- Exceptional verbal, presentation, and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively independently as well as in a team environment
Talend is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.