Associate Technical Support Engineer (Java) - ONLY 2020 Freshers - B.E. CS / IT
Customer Success – Customer Support
WHO WE ARE:
Talend is a leader in cloud data integration and data integrity.
We are a global company with offices in Redwood City, Paris, London, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, and Bangalore. Our customers are pioneers/innovative leaders in their market when it comes to data and cloud projects. We are proud to count Domino’s, the world’s largest pizza company, Euronext, the #1 stock exchange in Europe, and HP Inc., a leading IT company, as Talend customers.
We enable companies to transform their business by delivering trusted data at the speed of business. Talend offers a suite of apps for data integration and integrity that brings data, people and technology together by generating end-to-end data pipelines.
Customers can collect data; transform it to power analytics; govern it from end-to-end; and share it across internal and external stakeholders. They can work across systems and across environments: in the cloud and on-premises.
As an Associate Technical Support Engineer, you will represent Talend and communicate with customers via telephone, WebEx, and email to resolve cases opened with the Talend Support team. An Associate Technical Support Engineer will need to:
· Provide technical support for customers by taking incoming calls and responding to web-based inquiries
· Investigate and troubleshoot customer issues and provide solutions to technical issues
· Satisfy customer expectations by providing an outstanding customer experience
· Regularly collaborate with in-house support engineers and developers to promote creative solutions and improve customer satisfaction
· Contribute to global Talend knowledge management system while working on customer issues
· Support the entire Talend product portfolio.
· Work effectively and manage your queue with minimal supervision.
· Should be willing to work in shifts such as UK, EMEA & APAC and may include occasional support on weekends or Holidays (Shift Allowance Applicable).
o APAC hours - 6:30 am IST onwards / IST (General Shift)
o EMEA hours – 12:30 PM/1:30 PM IST onwards depending on Day Light Savings Time.
Skills and qualifications:
- A strong and enthusiastic commitment to resolving customer problems in a high quality and timely manner
- Support/troubleshooting experience with the following skillset
- Good understanding of Core Java concepts including Collections, I/O, MultiThreading, Classes, Interfaces, JDBC, JVM architecture & Garbage Collections.
- Excellent understanding of Linux, Windows and MAC-OS; basic Linux system administration experience is a plus.
- Basic understanding about Apache Tomcat, JBoss, Jetty, Toad, IBM WebSphere/Weblogic Platform.
- Knowledge at least one of the following relational databases: Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL or DB2.
- Previous software scripting or programming experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of DI/ETL or Data Governance tools is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of BigData architecture and components along with an understanding of distributed file systems.
- Knowledge with Cloud technologies is a plus.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once, prioritize, and work well under pressure.
- High-quality customer service skills; prior customer-focused experience is a plus.
- Advanced troubleshooting and debugging skills; passion for problem-solving and investigation.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with customers at various levels of technical expertise.
- Bachelor of Engineering degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
Talend is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.