Experienced QA Engineer (Cloud/SRE)
Engineering / R&D – Cloud Operations
WHO WE ARE:
Talend, a leader in data integration and data integrity, enables every company to find clarity amidst the chaos.
Talend is the only company to bring together in a single platform all the necessary capabilities that ensure enterprise data is complete, clean, compliant, and readily available to everyone who needs it throughout the organization. With Talend, organizations are able to deliver exceptional customer experiences, make smarter decisions in the moment, drive innovation, and improve operations.
From Domino’s to L’Oréal, over 4,250 organizations across the globe rely on Talend to deliver exceptional customer experiences, make smarter decisions in the moment, drive innovation, and improve operations. Talend has been recognized as a leader in its field by leading analyst firms and industry publications including Forbes, InfoWorld and SD Times.
Talend is Nasdaq listed (TLND) and headquartered in Redwood City, California.
Talend is looking for a skilled and experienced QA Engineer for SRE Team to join our growing team at our Nantes or Suresnes offices. In this role, you’ll be responsible for establishing a culture of continuous testing. By doing this, you will ensure that testing is an integral part of our development/delivery process. You’ll contribute to the development of QA-driven delivery culture at Talend:
“No one should be saying they are “done” with any work until all relevant automated tests have been written and are passing.” (Accelerate - Nicole Forsgren, Jez Humble and Gene Kim, 2018)
The SRE team is a global team with majority of team members based at Nantes, and also in Suresnes, Bonn, Kiev, Beijing, Philadelphia and San Francisco. You’ll get to work in a dynamic, rapidly growing multinational and multicultural environment. You’ll be involved in the challenge to master the Quality culture at SRE team contributing to the growth of Talend Cloud global environment which runs business-critical, mission-critical payloads for demanding Talend customers.
- Owner of the QA process for Talend Cloud Site Reliability Engineering projects
- Designing and implementing test scenarios (integration, API (white box) / UX (black box), perf, capacity, load, stress, security, compliance) for Cloud infrastructure, Infrastructure-as-Code deliverables, services, backends…
- Define the quality metrics for SRE products and services (SLIs, SLOs..) and ensure to meet quality standards.
- Advocate the Quality-oriented development culture (test-driven development, QA as integral part of CI/CD, etc.).
- Lead the “Quality Assurance as a Product” initiative.
- Collaborate with SRE and Engineering teams on incident RCA / Post-mortem actions. Continuous test improvement.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor in Computer Science or a relevant field
- Practical experience in software development and software Quality Assurance for Continuous Delivery in a Cloud environment is mandatory.
- Practical experience in Cloud engineering (AWS, Azure is a plus) and microservices domain
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process in distributed teams environment
- Experience with load, performance, capacity and stress testing. Experience with security testing is a plus.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational/prioritization skills and ability to multi-task with close attention to detail.
- Ability of working in a distributed, multicultural teamwork environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly in English, both oral and in writing.
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.