Principal Consultant - Remote
Houston, Texas /
Professional Services – Professional Services /
WHO WE ARE:
We are changing the way the world makes decisions! Talend is a global leader in data integration and data integrity. Our software is used to truly transform business and companies with data. We believe our company has a certain Je ne sais quoi that makes us special and gives us opportunities with purpose. We pride ourselves in our values of Passion, Agility, Team Spirit and Integrity.
We help companies take their data from chaos to clarity by delivering complete, trusted, and timely data to the business.
With over 1,400 employees, we support more than 4,750 enterprise customers globally who have chosen Talend to put their data to work. We are consistently recognized by Forrester and Gartner as a leader in the Data Integration Market and our plan for the future is even more exciting.
We’re looking for a Principal Consultant to help some of the most forward-thinking and successful companies in the world deploy Talend effectively, achieve a rapid Time-To-Value, and solidify their positions as data-driven companies.
Professional Services at Talend is not just a P&L; it’s a strategic part of our company that helps drive our growth through the success of our customer base. The Services we deliver are designed to provide guidance, best practices, and help our customers scale their deployments of Talend across an enterprise.
Our Professional Services team is a critical part of our Customer Success organization and is comprised of some of the deepest subject matter experts in the world on our technologies. Our Customer Success organization is over 100 people strong – consisting of Professional Services Consultants, Support Engineers, Customer Success Managers, Customer Success Architects, and a Technical Enablement Team – all with a passion for creating successful, loyal customers.
Who we are:
- Talend is a rapidly growing leader in the data and application integration space. We are a global company with offices in Redwood City, Paris, London, Bangalore, Atlanta, Irvine, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, and Sydney. Our customers are thought leaders when it comes to data integration and are some of the biggest and best companies in retail, financial services, consumer products, and business services.
- We enable data driven companies to be more effective at what they do by providing them with the tools, infrastructure, and guidance to make informed business decisions.
- Our architecture and technology uniquely position us to take advantage of constant innovation in data and processing technologies, such as Hadoop and Spark. As a result, we provide the fastest, most scalable data integration platform in the industry, and we support Big Data natively.
- Services are critical to helping our large customers quickly become experts on Talend.
- Our Professional Services team is a critical part of our Customer Success organization and is comprised of some of the deepest subject matter experts in the world on our technologies. Our Customer Success organization is over 100 people strong – consisting of Professional Services Consultants, Support Engineers, Customer Success Managers, Customer Success Architects, and a Technical Enablement Team – all with a passion for creating successful, loyal customers.
Who you are:
- A customer-centric, intellectually curious, bright, energetic person with the ability to drive the successful sales and delivery of Services.
- A true lover of data.
- Someone who is energized by finding a solution to a problem.
- A consultant with deep experience in BI, Data Warehousing, Data Integration, MDM, Application Integration, Cloud Infrastructure (AWS, Google, or Azure) or Big Data (extra credit for more than one)
- A team player who creates a culture that understands that our internal standards and expectations need to be higher than our customers’
- You think, every day, about how you can improve the experience of your customers
- You have experience in the arena of Big Data and are looking for the next “Big Thing”
What you’ll do:
- Work with customers to deploy, manage and audit the best practice use of our software Products.
- Provide architecture reviews, application discussions and prototype or full development as needed
- Define technical specification for custom developments
- Design and development of complex Talend solutions
- Direct contribution to several end to end deployments in different industries
- Identify opportunities for products and services at existing customers
- Provide billable consulting assistance to ensure engagement success
- Perform data and/or application integration design and development, technical product assistance and tuning to meet customer performance and functional requirements
- Develop Best Practices based on field experience
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related area and 14+ years of experience in the field, in a related area
- 13+ years of relevant experience consulting in data management or application integration field
- Developed expertise in complex Data Management or Application integration solution design and deployment in the areas of data migration, data integration, application integration, MDM or data quality
- Expertise on at least 3 Talend modules/products or in similar ETL tools
- Has demonstrated ability to deliver, manage and lead full lifecycle projects
- Has regularly identified additional business opportunities and extensions
- Demonstrated expertise in providing advisory and guidance on large enterprise deployments and complex applications
- Active knowledge contribution to peers through CoE participation, Community or document authoring
- Has regularly taken on mentoring/coaching roles to assist colleagues
- Acknowledged as a go to resource for peer assistance within at least 1 area of expertise
- Ability to influence others to achieve results
- Exceptional verbal, presentation, written, Interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving ability
- Experience leading and managing engagements and implementations
- Ability to work effectively independently as well as in a team environment
- Skills in Java, SQL, XML and Tomcat
- Must have some exposure to Data Integration, or, preferably with Talend’s products
- Expertise on several of the areas in Data Integration, Data Quality, MDM, ESB, metadata and or similar technologies
- Preferred experience in Cloud technologies such as Aws, Azure or google cloud.
- Expertise in implementation of Big data projects
- Preferred experience in Eclipse, SQL and Oracle environments
- Knowledge in installation, configuration, optimization in Hadoop
- Understand how and when to apply MapReduce
- Knowledge in HBase, Hive, Scoop, Oozie technologies
- Knowledge in NoSQL technologies (Mongo, CouchDB, Cassandra, Neo4j)
- Exposed to Storm, Impala, HAWQ
- Preferred Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent skills
- Technical aggressiveness, demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and business requirements
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- CEO named a 2020 Top Diverse Leader by the National Diversity Council
- 5th consecutive year named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- 3rd consecutive year named as a Leader for Data Quality Solutions in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- Recognized as a Challenger for Enterprise Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS) in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Data Fabric
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, Talend believes our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We want to look like our customers, and we recruit, develop and retain the most hardworking people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.