Technical Support Engineer (ETL, Linux)
Bangalore, India /
Customer Success – Customer Support /
WHO WE ARE:
We are changing the way the world makes decisions! Talend is a global leader in data integration and data integrity. Our software is used to truly transform business and companies with data. We believe our company has a certain Je ne sais quoi that makes us special and gives us opportunities with purpose. We pride ourselves in our values of Passion, Agility, Team Spirit and Integrity.
We help companies take their data from chaos to clarity by delivering complete, trusted, and timely data to the business.
With over 1,400 employees, we support more than 4,750 enterprise customers globally who have chosen Talend to put their data to work. We are consistently recognized by Forrester and Gartner as a leader in the Data Integration Market and our plan for the future is even more exciting.
About the role:
Talend is hiring a Technical Support Engineer with outstanding technical and customer service skills to join our Support team in Bangalore, India.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you’ll be part of a team of problem solvers who are passionate about working in a fast-paced, highly dynamic, customer-centric environment.
The ideal Technical Support Engineer puts the customer at the center of everything they do. They are a team player, enjoy working hard, exhibit professionalism, are dedicated to exceeding expectations, have excellent problem-solving skills, are able to learn new technologies quickly, and use their time efficiently. TSE's demonstrate the ability to write, speak and present technical information clearly and effectively, adapting as required for the audience. They do this exhibiting composure, being in calm command of every situation.
NOTE: Working hours are outside normal India business hours (shifts) and may include occasional support on weekends & holidays.
Detailed Role & Responsibilities:
- Shift Timings - APAC - 6:30 AM IST onwards / EMEA hours – 12:30 PM/1:30 PM IST onwards depending on Day Light Savings Time.
- Provide expert-level technical support via phone and web to Talend Customers.
- Manage and resolve support cases with a high degree of technical complexity.
- Exhibit leadership through personal responsibility, accountability and teamwork.
- Respond to customer-reported issues in a timely manner, per service level agreements
- Communicate progress of resolution/status in a timely fashion, per service level agreements
- Manage escalations and expectations, for both customers and internal staff
- Coordinate across numerous departments while driving issues to resolution
- Identify situations where professional services may be warranted
- Follow established support processes and procedures
- Identify improvements for exceptional customer experiences
- Work effectively and manage your queue with minimal supervision
- Provide support to the Manager/Leadership team from a Technical Lead perspective.
What you will need to qualify:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computing (or equivalent)
- 4+ years of experience in the below areas.
- ETL: General Knowledge of ETL and Data Management. Talend experience is a plus. Knowledge of TAC / TMC is added advantage.
- Linux systems: Seasoned on the command line; comfortable with built-in tools like top, iostat, lsof, and netstat.
- Databases: Working knowledge of a SQL-based Database is required. General knowledge of the database (e.g. RDBMS and NoSQL) is a plus.
- BigData: Understanding of Hadoop and the Cloud ecosystem is a plus.
- Experience in analyzing system, network, and application log files and system performance metrics to diagnose and troubleshoot problems.
- Understanding of client/server, networking, and Internet technology fundamentals is required: firewalls, web servers, web proxy servers, etc.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting fundamentals.
- The ability to learn fast, and to be highly adaptable.
- Great communication skills, written and verbal.
Preferred Skills (Having these will set you apart as a candidate):
- JVM performance tuning and operations.
- Versioning Control software (Apache Subversion, Visual SVN or Git)
- Working knowledge of web service concepts and familiarity with SOAP, REST, WSDL, CXF, Camel and JMS
- Knowledge and experience with big data architecture on-premise and in cloud environments like AWS or GCP.
- Experience in scripting / programming.
Key aspects of the role:
1. The role involves working in shifts and occasionally supporting on weekends or holidays if required.
2. Excellent troubleshooting knowledge on at least two or more technologies mentioned above.
3. Willing to work in a dynamic product support environment with focus on customer success.
4. Please note that this is NOT a developer profile.
Location (South Bangalore): Talend Data Integration Services Pvt Ltd, Kalyani Solitaire ground & 1st floor, Krishnaraju Layout, Amalodbhavi Nagar, Panduranga Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560076
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- CEO named a 2020 Top Diverse Leader by the National Diversity Council
- 5th consecutive year named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- 3rd consecutive year named as a Leader for Data Quality Solutions in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- Recognized as a Challenger for Enterprise Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS) in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Data Fabric
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, Talend believes our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We want to look like our customers, and we recruit, develop and retain the most hardworking people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.