Application Security Engineer
Information Technology – Security
WHO WE ARE:
Talend, a leader in data integration and data integrity, enables every company to find clarity amidst the chaos.
Talend is the only company to bring together in a single platform all the necessary capabilities that ensure enterprise data is complete, clean, compliant, and readily available to everyone who needs it throughout the organization. With Talend, organizations are able to deliver exceptional customer experiences, make smarter decisions in the moment, drive innovation, and improve operations.
From Domino’s to L’Oréal, over 4,250 organizations across the globe rely on Talend to deliver exceptional customer experiences, make smarter decisions in the moment, drive innovation, and improve operations. Talend has been recognized as a leader in its field by leading analyst firms and industry publications including Forbes, InfoWorld and SD Times.
Talend is Nasdaq listed (TLND) and headquartered in Redwood City, California.
We are looking for a Application Security Engineer to join our Global Information Security team.
You will be based in Suresnes (Paris area).
You will work closely with the Product Management, Architecture, Development and Cloud Operations teams on all aspects of security along the entire product development lifecycle, from concept to deployment.
- Provide subject matter expertise on secure design and coding practices, assist in building and rolling out related guidelines and standards, perform manual source code reviews for high risk components
- Coach and train developers on best security practices; create and deliver training content when necessary
- Audit/research/identify flaws and coach Development teams to mitigate vulnerabilities and threats
- Strive for making it as easy as possible for Development teams to create secure designs and code, ie think “Security as a service”
- Continuously develop your knowledge of cyber-defense and cyber-offense mechanisms, potential threats and attack vectors;
- Understanding of application security in context of SDLC and CI-CD
- Strong understanding of common web application vulnerabilities and mitigations (OWASP Top10, OWASP API Top10, SANS Top 25)
- Practical experience with using cloud security and compliance products (e.g. AWS, Azure)
- Familiarity with automated dynamic, static and open source scanning tools.
- Working knowledge of secure coding principles, application security vulnerabilities, and countermeasures.
- Ideally a BS degree in Computer Science or related field and a MS in Cybersecurity
- Practical experience with identity management, authentication and authorization, applied cryptography would be a plus
- Ability to build strong rapport and relationships with colleagues as well as customers so as to gain in-depth understanding of customers’ problems and needs
- Ability to understand and value ideas from internal team members
- Fluency in English, Fluency in French is a plus
What we offer you:
- You’ll work in a company that makes decisions based on facts and data, where your work makes a difference
- With a small and diverse team that welcomes the knowledge and experience you bring and values your contribution
- Supported by an energetic management team that provides unmatched transparency into the business and welcomes diverse ideas and critical thinking
- With opportunities to learn and continue to develop your expertise by attending and speaking at conferences or meetups, writing blogs or papers, or working with awesome colleagues!
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.