Cloud DevOps/Site Reliability Engineer
Engineering / R&D – Cloud Operations
WHO WE ARE:
Talend, a leader in data integration and data integrity, enables every company to find clarity amidst the chaos.
Talend is the only company to bring together in a single platform all the necessary capabilities that ensure enterprise data is complete, clean, compliant, and readily available to everyone who needs it throughout the organization. With Talend, organizations are able to deliver exceptional customer experiences, make smarter decisions in the moment, drive innovation, and improve operations.
From Domino’s to L’Oréal, over 4,250 organizations across the globe rely on Talend to deliver exceptional customer experiences, make smarter decisions in the moment, drive innovation, and improve operations. Talend has been recognized as a leader in its field by leading analyst firms and industry publications including Forbes, InfoWorld and SD Times.
Talend is Nasdaq listed (TLND) and headquartered in Redwood City, California.
Talend is looking for a DevOps/ Site Reliability Engineer to join our growing team in our Nantes Office. In this role, you’ll be responsible for the security, stability, and scalability of our Talend Cloud service.
You’ll get to work hands-on with plenty of exciting technology and scale challenges as we grow to support millions of transactions across hundreds of servers in our Talend Cloud environment. We are seeking candidates with expertise on both development and system administration.
As a member of SRE team, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Maintain and automate technical operations for our SaaS cloud infrastructure, including deployment and configuration.
- Ensure high availability and reliability for production systems, including upgrade and release processes as well as incident handling and troubleshooting
- Manage and deploy internal and external monitoring and alerting solutions
- Define and evangelize cloud-related optimizations and best practices to improve reliability and performance
- Abilities in troubleshooting cloud infrastructure, systems, network, and application stacks
- Perform on-call duty as part of a team maintaining the availability and performance of our cloud-hosted production infrastructure
- Bachelors’ in Computer Science or a relevant field
- Team player and ability to work in a distributed team - strong interpersonal and communications skills
- 1 year or more of cloud engineering experience with infrastructure as code: AWS and/or Azure, GCP
- Strong knowledge in infrastructure as code: Ansible (preferred), Terraform, Puppet
- Scripting (Python, Shell, …)
- Problem solving capacity, Ability to read and understand logs from applications (mostly Java) and investigate.
- Strong working knowledge of Linux (Centos) systems and Docker (container) usage
- Knowledge of at least two of the following (usage, administration, configuration, tuning):
- o Kubernetes, Helm Charts
- o PostgreSQL
- o ZooKeeper
- o ElasticSearch, Kibana, Logstash
- o Prometheus, Grafana
- o Jenkins 2, Jenkinsfiles, and Jenkins automation
- o ActiveMQ
- o Kafka
- o MongoDB
- Good English, both written and verbal
- Well aware of security and data protection methods
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.