Director, Professional Services - Mid-Atlantic/South-East
Professional Services – Professional Services
WHO WE ARE:
Talend is a leader in cloud data integration and data integrity.
We are a global company with offices in Redwood City, Paris, London, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, and Bangalore. Our customers are pioneers/innovative leaders in their market when it comes to data and cloud projects. We are proud to count Domino’s, the world’s largest pizza company, Euronext, the #1 stock exchange in Europe, and HP Inc., a leading IT company, as Talend customers.
We enable companies to transform their business by delivering trusted data at the speed of business. Talend offers a suite of apps for data integration and integrity that brings data, people and technology together by generating end-to-end data pipelines.
Customers can collect data; transform it to power analytics; govern it from end-to-end; and share it across internal and external stakeholders. They can work across systems and across environments: in the cloud and on-premises.
Talend is the global leader in Could and Big Data Integration. We’re looking for a Director, Professional Services to lead our US Mid-Atlantic/South-East region. Help some of the most forward-thinking and successful companies in the world deploy Talend effectively, achieve a rapid Time-To-Value, and solidify their positions as data-driven companies.
Professional Services at Talend is not just a P&L; it’s a strategic part of our company that helps drive our growth through the success of our customer base. The Services we deliver are designed to provide guidance, best practices, and help our customers scale their deployments of Talend across an enterprise.
Our architecture and technology uniquely position us to take advantage of constant innovation in data and processing technologies, such as Cloud computing, Hadoop and Spark. As a result, we provide the fastest, most scalable data integration platform in the industry, and we support Big Data natively.
Services are critical to helping our large customers quickly become experts on Talend. Our Professional Services team is a critical part of our Customer Success organization and is comprised of some of the deepest subject matter experts in the world on our technologies.
WHO YOU ARE:
- A customer-centric, curious, bright, energetic person with the ability to drive the successful sales and delivery of Services.
- A true lover of data.
- You may be someone who is energized by finding a solution to a problem.
- A consultant and mentor with deep technical experience in Data Warehousing, Data Integration, Application Integration, Cloud Infrastructure (AWS, Google, or Azure) or Big Data (extra credit for more than one)
- A natural-born project manager, with the discipline, methodology background, and cadence to ensure that multiple projects are moving forward successfully and consistently.
- A manager who fosters a learning culture and is a disciple of the school of thought that “The next best thing to good news is bad news delivered early.”
- You may be someone who, when presented with a set of information, will ask “why” or “so what” until getting to actionable insights.
- You may be someone who understands the meaning of “executive attention span” and can deliver an impactful message within that constraint.
- You may be seasoned technical manager with at least 8 years of Professional Services experience; 4 of those as a manager – of projects and people.
- You may be someone with the ability to discuss technical concepts and adapt them to solve business solutions
- A team player who creates a culture that understands that our internal standards and expectations need to be higher than our customers’
Customer Project Work
- In collaboration with Sales, develop project opportunities with new and existing customers.
- Deliver high level technical whiteboarding discussions to instill confidence in customers that we can guide them to success on the Talend platform.
- Manage the estimation and creation of Statements of Work for your assigned customers.
- Ensure the successful delivery of customer projects assigned to your team.
- Hire, develop and manage up to 10 consultants and ensure projects are completed on time, within budget and with the highest consistent quality.
- Serve as escalation point for your team’s customers to ensure high quality deliverables, solutions and client management on projects.
- Develop and maintain deep customer relationships
- Recruit, train, and develop a team in order to create the highest quality consulting organization in the industry.
- Mentor team members and provide feedback to grow and improve skills.
- Manage consultants so that each achieves their billing target per month.
- Serve as a role model in technical knowledge, best practice sharing, proactive actions and creative problem solving activities.
- Mentor assigned employees and new hires to ensure adoption of methodology and delivery of quality of work, and to ensure that company objectives are met.
Overall Talend Responsibilities
- Manage your function to quarterly booking, revenue, margin, retention, and quality targets.
- Be a positive, dynamic role model that displays an impeccable work ethic, creative problem-solving skills, a positive attitude, and a proactive approach.
- Participate in, and occasionally collaborate planning and management meetings, projects or events as requested.
- Ability to travel up to 30- 50%
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.