Senior Product Designer
Product Managers – Product Managers
WHO WE ARE:
Talend is a leader in cloud data integration and data integrity.
We are a global company with offices in Redwood City, Paris, London, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, and Bangalore. Our customers are pioneers/innovative leaders in their market when it comes to data and cloud projects. We are proud to count Domino’s, the world’s largest pizza company, Euronext, the #1 stock exchange in Europe, and HP Inc., a leading IT company, as Talend customers.
We enable companies to transform their business by delivering trusted data at the speed of business. Talend offers a suite of apps for data integration and integrity that brings data, people and technology together by generating end-to-end data pipelines.
Customers can collect data; transform it to power analytics; govern it from end-to-end; and share it across internal and external stakeholders. They can work across systems and across environments: in the cloud and on-premises.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer to join the Talend design team in our Philadelphia office. This person is a flexible and creative problem solver, with a track record of crafting experiences that seamlessly blend design theory, customer needs, and strategic business goals. The right candidate will be a thoughtful leader who can rally cross-functional teams around simple, elegant, and delightful solutions for our customers.
At Talend, you'll be:
· Managing and elevating the user experience of a self-serve product used by thousands of businesses.
· Leading UX and UI design on 1-3 software projects simultaneously, from strategy to implementation.
· Working with product managers to define and prioritize product requirements.
· Choosing the techniques you’ll use to develop and iterate on solutions, such as wireframing, brainstorming, research, prototyping, etc.
· Collaborating with our engineering team and project managers to find solutions that balance functionality, development effort, and speed.
· Providing engineers with the information necessary to implement your designs (whether that's high-fidelity mockups, written documentation, svg icons, the occasional spreadsheet, or something else).
· Reviewing, collecting, and identifying trends in customer feedback, then using your findings to propose and advocate for improvements.
· Working with the international Talend UX team (located in France and Germany) to refine and build on our existing design system.
A strong candidate for this role should:
· Have 3-5 years of relevant product design experience. (Experience with SaaS products is a plus.)
· Have shipped software.
· Have a portfolio of work that showcases their problem-solving process.
· Enjoy working on big-picture projects as well as small, tactical ones.
· Be prepared to use data (where it's available) to inform and validate their design decisions.
· Have excellent time-management skills and a knack for prioritizing the most impactful work.
· Be comfortable with the occasional strategic shift that comes with working on a team that values agility.
· Believe that great ideas can come from anywhere, and embrace a participatory, cross-disciplinary design process.
· Have the ability to clearly communicate concepts and designs through sketches, wireframes, and high-fidelity prototypes.
· Be familiar with modern product design tools. (We use Sketch the most frequently, but we're flexible and want you feel free to pick the right tools for the right jobs).
· Have a working knowledge of how web UIs are engineered. This includes the basics around how HTML, CSS, and JS interact; svg images; how to leverage reusable component libraries; and the concept of responsive design. You won't be asked to code as part of your job responsibilities, but you should have an understanding of how your work will translate to an engineering team.
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.