IT Project Manager
Redwood City, CA
Information Technology – IT Operations
WHO WE ARE:
Talend is a leader in cloud data integration and data integrity.
We are a global company with offices in Redwood City, Paris, London, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, and Bangalore. Our customers are pioneers/innovative leaders in their market when it comes to data and cloud projects. We are proud to count Domino’s, the world’s largest pizza company, Euronext, the #1 stock exchange in Europe, and HP Inc., a leading IT company, as Talend customers.
We enable companies to transform their business by delivering trusted data at the speed of business. Talend offers a suite of apps for data integration and integrity that brings data, people and technology together by generating end-to-end data pipelines.
Customers can collect data; transform it to power analytics; govern it from end-to-end; and share it across internal and external stakeholders. They can work across systems and across environments: in the cloud and on-premises.
POSITION OVERVIEW: This position will primarily be responsible for IT project management executions and actively interfacing with business and IT teams. Collaborate closely with functional leads to ensure projects align with overarching program goals and benefits. Lead overall project planning execution activities, based on the project schedule, and follow project management methodologies. Deliver solutions into production on time and within budget.
WHAT YOU'LL WORK ON
· Interact with stakeholders across multiple business units to identify, prioritize, and schedule project tasks in accordance with their needs.
· Lead and facilitate cross functional meetings to help define scope, capture requirements, create resource plans, prioritize initiatives, and proactively identify/address potential risks.
· Resolve conflicts in prioritization and staffing. Ensure changes are understood and approved. Constantly evaluate whether individuals, teams, and third parties are working efficiently and meeting goals; take corrective actions if they are not.
· Identify project risks and plan for risk mitigation and resolution, escalate in a timely manner.
· Track and regularly communicate status at both a detailed task level and a summary (sub-project or release) level for a variety of audiences, from the project team to executive sponsorship.
· Deliver IT change management and compliance documentation as required.
WHAT YOU BRING
· 5+ years of experience as a Project Manager including management of moderately sized projects preferably using Agile methodology.
· 5+ years of demonstrated experience leading enterprise-wide business applications projects specifically related to ERP, CRM, finance and/or HRIS systems.
· Strong understanding of project governance, software development and testing life cycles.
· Capability to manage multiple priorities, organize complex requests, and resolve issues creatively.
· Must possess strong attention-to-detail, individual initiative, and organizational skills.
· Must be a self-starter and capable of working effectively with minimal supervision.
· PMP certification and/or certified scrum master a plus
· Working experience using Jira for issue tracking a plus
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
Some Cool Perks With Working Here
- An opportunity to work with an international, highly collaborative, and entrepreneurial company with great coworkers who enjoy having fun and working hard
- Competitive salaries and quarterly bonuses
- Equity for all full-time employees
- Comprehensive health insurance available (medical, dental and vision) for you and your family
- Paid time off, sick time, and company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave
- Employer-matching 401K plan and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Commuter benefits, and free employee shuttle to CalTrain for an easy commute anywhere along the 101 corridor
- Weekly catered lunches, which we proudly take the time to sit down and enjoy as a team, weekly rotating food trucks outside our office, and a fully-stocked kitchen with drinks, Philz and Stumptown coffee, healthy snacks, bagels, and candy
- Opportunity to challenge your fellow coworkers to a friendly match of ping pong, cornhole, or foosball in our Game Room
- Free onsite fitness center for employees, and outdoor running trails and full-sized basketball courts
- Working in a new, bright, open-environment and collaborative office
- Choice of MacBook Air or Windows laptop
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.