Engineering / R&D – Development
WHO WE ARE:
Talend is a leader in cloud data integration and data integrity.
We are a global company with offices in Redwood City, Paris, London, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, and Bangalore. Our customers are pioneers/innovative leaders in their market when it comes to data and cloud projects. We are proud to count Domino’s, the world’s largest pizza company, Euronext, the #1 stock exchange in Europe, and HP Inc., a leading IT company, as Talend customers.
We enable companies to transform their business by delivering trusted data at the speed of business. Talend offers a suite of apps for data integration and integrity that brings data, people and technology together by generating end-to-end data pipelines.
Customers can collect data; transform it to power analytics; govern it from end-to-end; and share it across internal and external stakeholders. They can work across systems and across environments: in the cloud and on-premises.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager (m/f) for our R&D team based in Nantes.
- Manage hierarchically and lead technically a 7 to 10 developers team, mixing frontend and backend engineers
- Be deeply aware of the development activities in the R&D department and work with architecture and engineering teams to be sure their work is coordinated with the overall product architecture and vision;
- Cross department communication with Product Manager, Support, Professional Services, Presales and others to provide technical and usage support to other departments;
- Promote the team's achievements and communicate the challenges via team metrics and dashboards that provide complete transparency into the delivery process;
- Be accountable for team performance and for delivering the technical and functional product roadmaps
Skills and experience:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent experience;
- 7+ years of experience in Cloud application development
- 3+ years in development team management or as a tech lead role
- Strong knowledge in highly-available and fault-tolerant enterprise and web-scale software deployments
- Knowledge in Scala / Java
- Knowledge of one of the Cloud providers environment (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform);
- Strong interpersonal and excellent communication and presentation skills in English
- Experience in working within a distributed & international agile team environment.
What we offer you:
- Join a passionate team and work with the latest cloud native approaches and technologies (Spark, Beam, K8S, Docker, Kafka, Terraform, AWS, Azure to name a few)
- A challenging but rewarding environment with international scope
- Top modern offices with ideal locations
- Regular team events and company celebrations, as well as free drinks
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.