Site Reliability Engineer
Redwood City, CA
Engineering / R&D – Components
WHO WE ARE:
Talend is a leader in cloud data integration and data integrity.
We are a global company with offices in Redwood City, Paris, London, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, and Bangalore. Our customers are pioneers/innovative leaders in their market when it comes to data and cloud projects. We are proud to count Domino’s, the world’s largest pizza company, Euronext, the #1 stock exchange in Europe, and HP Inc., a leading IT company, as Talend customers.
We enable companies to transform their business by delivering trusted data at the speed of business. Talend offers a suite of apps for data integration and integrity that brings data, people and technology together by generating end-to-end data pipelines.
Customers can collect data; transform it to power analytics; govern it from end-to-end; and share it across internal and external stakeholders. They can work across systems and across environments: in the cloud and on-premises.
Site Reliability Engineer
Redwood Shores, CA
Talend is the global leader in Cloud and Big Data Integration. In 2019, customers don’t just buy a product, they buy into a relationship. The role of a software company is becoming more and more consultative, and software companies now need to focus on more than just delivering software; but, on how to make their customers successful.
Talend enables data driven companies to be more effective at what they do by providing them with the tools, infrastructure, and guidance to make informed business decisions. Our architecture and technology uniquely position us to take advantage of constant innovation in data and processing technologies, such as Hadoop and Spark. As a result, we provide the fastest, most scalable data integration platform in the industry, and we support Big Data natively.
Talend is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join our growing team and sit full-time in our Redwood City global headquarters.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for the security, stability, and scalability of our Talend Cloud service. You’ll get to work hands-on with plenty of exciting technology, and scale challenges as we grow to support millions of transactions across hundreds of servers in our Talend Cloud environment. We are seeking candidates with expertise on both development and system administration.
WHAT YOU'LL BE WORKING ON
Maintain technical operations for our iPaaS cloud infrastructure; administer Linux systems, including configuration, troubleshooting, and automation, and some limited Windows system administration duties
Ensure high reliability and availability for production systems, including upgrade and release processes and incident handling
Manage and deploy internal and external monitoring solutions for maintaining high availability for production systems
Develop effective tooling, alerts, and response to both identify and address reliability risks
Scripting abilities in python, or JVM-based languages
Define and evangelize cloud-related optimizations and best practices to improve reliability and performance
Responsible for troubleshooting cloud infrastructure, systems, network, and application stacks
Work with fellow operations engineers and development teams on complex problems, and make decisions and recommendations about systems improvements after analyzing possible courses of action
Perform on-call duty as part of a team maintaining the availability and performance of our cloud infrastructure as well as the various internal services and systems that these core services depend on.
A LITTLE ABOUT YOU:
5-7 years of cloud engineering experience
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a relevant field
Strong working knowledge of Linux (Centos) systems and applications including Tomcat, Java, Apache, ElasticSearch, ActiveMQ, Ngnix Proxy;
Experience with administering AWS or other IaaS/PaaS Infrastructures;
Experience with configuration management / systems automation tools at scale (e.g. Puppet, Chef);
Experience with big data systems and/or database administration (e.g. MySQL, Mongo DB, PostGresSQL, NoSQL, and SQL) a plus;
Proficiency with scripting languages;
Experience with network management systems and network monitoring tools such as Nagios, Icinga, Kibana, LogStash, Cacti;
Ability to work independently, strong interpersonal and communications skills.
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
Some Cool Perks With Working Here
- An opportunity to work with an international, highly collaborative, and entrepreneurial company with great coworkers who enjoy having fun and working hard
- Competitive salaries and quarterly bonuses
- Equity for all full-time employees
- Comprehensive health insurance available (medical, dental and vision) for you and your family
- Paid time off, sick time, and company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave
- Employer-matching 401K plan and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Commuter benefits, and free employee shuttle to CalTrain for an easy commute anywhere along the 101 corridor
- Weekly catered lunches, which we proudly take the time to sit down and enjoy as a team, weekly rotating food trucks outside our office, and a fully-stocked kitchen with drinks, Philz and Stumptown coffee, healthy snacks, bagels, and candy
- Opportunity to challenge your fellow coworkers to a friendly match of ping pong, cornhole, or foosball in our Game Room
- Free onsite fitness center for employees, and outdoor running trails and full-sized basketball courts
- Working in a new, bright, open-environment and collaborative office
- Choice of MacBook Air or Windows laptop
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.