Senior Solution Engineer
Tokyo, Japan /
Sales / Business Development – Sales Engineering /
WHO WE ARE:
We are changing the way the world makes decisions! Talend is a global leader in data integration and data integrity. Our software is used to truly transform business and companies with data. We believe our company has a certain Je ne sais quoi that makes us special and gives us opportunities with purpose. We pride ourselves in our values of Passion, Agility, Team Spirit and Integrity.
We help companies take their data from chaos to clarity by delivering complete, trusted, and timely data to the business.
With over 1,400 employees, we support more than 4,750 enterprise customers globally who have chosen Talend to put their data to work. We are consistently recognized by Forrester and Gartner as a leader in the Data Integration Market and our plan for the future is even more exciting.
Senior Solution Engineer (Sales Engineer)
We are hiring Solution Engineer (Pre-Sales Engineers) to continue to build a proactive, customer-facing organization that ensures customers are getting value from Talend’s products and solutions.
Our portfolio of products has expanded from purely Data Integration to include Data Quality (DQ), Enterprise Service Bus (ESB), Big Data, Cloud & Governance. The main responsibilities are to secure the “technical win” in growing our customer’s community and contribute to the enablement of our prospects during their selection process.
Key job functions include:
Identifying business issues and relating them to Talend capabilities
Articulating Talend’s value proposition and differentiation at all levels within Enterprise Accounts
Engaging in and responding to RFI/RFP procurement processes
Building and delivering comprehensive customized demonstrations
Working within the sales team to own technical relationships with prospects from developer to CIO
· Significant and current experience of two or more of the following disciplines:
· Data Integration: experienced in building Enterprise Data Warehouses and integrating multiple applications/systems in a heterogeneous environment.
· Big Data: good understanding of the Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, Hive, MapReduce, Spark, etc.).
· Cloud: good understanding of Cloud landscape (AWS, Azure, Google etc) and Cloud applications concepts (multi tenancy, elasticity, scalability, etc).
· Governance: exposure to Data Quality, Master Data Management or Metadata Management projects and solutions.
· Exposure to one or several programming languages (Java, Python, Scala, etc.), SQL, Relational databases is highly appreciated.
Passionate about technology
Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
Capacity to diagnose and solve a problem in a limited time frame
Demonstrate the ability to manage a high number of concurrent, active prospects
A minimum of 6+ years of experience in data and analytics industry is required
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- CEO named a 2020 Top Diverse Leader by the National Diversity Council
- 5th consecutive year named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- 3rd consecutive year named as a Leader for Data Quality Solutions in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- Recognized as a Challenger for Enterprise Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS) in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Data Fabric
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, Talend believes our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We want to look like our customers, and we recruit, develop and retain the most hardworking people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.