IT Systems DevOps Engineer
Beijing, China /
Information Technology – IT Operations /
WHO WE ARE:
Talend, a leader in data integration and data integrity, enables every company to find clarity amidst the chaos.
Talend is the only company to bring together in a single platform all the necessary capabilities that ensure enterprise data is complete, clean, compliant, and readily available to everyone who needs it throughout the organization. With Talend, organizations are able to deliver exceptional customer experiences, make smarter decisions in the moment, drive innovation, and improve operations.
From Domino’s to L’Oréal, over 4,250 organizations across the globe rely on Talend to deliver exceptional customer experiences, make smarter decisions in the moment, drive innovation, and improve operations. Talend has been recognized as a leader in its field by leading analyst firms and industry publications including Forbes, InfoWorld and SD Times.
Talend is Nasdaq listed (TLND) and headquartered in Redwood City, California.
Talend is hiring an IT Systems Devops Engineer to join our dynamic IT operations team in our Beijing office to build and extend our infrastructure and applications services to enable our customers to meet their business goals. Reporting to the Infrastructure system Manager, the main responsibilities are to ensure our core systems and applications are running smoothly and meets our growing needs.
We are looking for motivated individuals focused on systems and network administration. Talend’s IT Systems Devops Engineer works with team members on exciting projects that impact our products and customers (external and internal) experience. Working either independently or with the IT team, this individual brings a combination of technical depth, written/verbal communication skills, and project management expertise.
· Build, administer and maintain servers, security updates and patches;
· Ensure system design allows all components to work properly together;
· Perform information systems needs assessments, reviews information gathering and recommends appropriate systems and IT infrastructure.
· Work with systems team management to define requirements and timelines for new projects and environment upgrades/changes;
· Develop and improve tools to aid operations and maintenance.
· Be an actor in private cloud infrastructure management as a code
· Provide user support to IT infrastructure (systems and network) and services.
· Produce feedback, reports, documentation, webinars
Required Skills and Experience:
· Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience in a technical field;
· 5-7 years of IT systems administration in UNIX/Linux environment and Network administration;
· Working experience in Perl, shell scripts, PHP, Python and MySQL;
· Experience with LDAP, Active Directory, Jira, WordPress, Confluence, source control systems, and Zendesk;
· Experience with VMware operations/platforms, ESXi, vCenter;
· Both English/ Chinese fluent
· Experience with Automation (Puppet, Chef), Monitoring (Nagios), containerization (Docker) and Configuration Management (Ansible);
· Experience with IaaS platforms/operations (AWS, Azure, or Google);
· Experience in a 24/7 production environment is a plus;
· Systems and Network Administration/System Engineer certification in Unix or Microsoft or Cisco.
· Mindset: automation vs. Manual work (like “I’m going to create a script to do this, it will be easier to reproduce” rather than “let’s do it manually each time!)
· VMware private cloud management vRealize, nsx-t
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- CEO named a 2020 Top Diverse Leader by the National Diversity Council
- SVP of Products named a Top 25 Software Product Executives of 2020 by The Software Report
- 3rd Time in a Row Leader for Data Quality Solutions in Gartner Magic Quadrant
- "Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Data Fabric
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.