Senior Technical Support Engineer
Customer Success – Customer Support /
WHO WE ARE:
Talend, a leader in data integration and data integrity, enables every company to find clarity amidst the chaos.
Talend is the only company to bring together in a single platform all the necessary capabilities that ensure enterprise data is complete, clean, compliant, and readily available to everyone who needs it throughout the organization. With Talend, organizations are able to deliver exceptional customer experiences, make smarter decisions in the moment, drive innovation, and improve operations.
From Domino’s to L’Oréal, over 4,250 organizations across the globe rely on Talend to deliver exceptional customer experiences, make smarter decisions in the moment, drive innovation, and improve operations. Talend has been recognized as a leader in its field by leading analyst firms and industry publications including Forbes, InfoWorld and SD Times.
Talend is Nasdaq listed (TLND) and headquartered in Redwood City, California.
We are looking for candidates currently working in Singapore with exposure to interacting with Singapore as well as APAC/EMEA Customers. Singaporeans / PR's / Citizens preferred.
As a Sr Technical Support Engineer, you will represent Talend and communicate with customers via telephone, WebEx, and email to resolve cases opened with the Talend Support team.
- Resolve customer problems via telephone, email or remote access
- Maintain customer loyalty through integrity and accountability
- Research customer issues in a timely manner and follow up directly with the customer with recommendations and action plans
- Escalate cases to management when customer satisfaction comes into question
- Escalate cases to the engineering team when the problem is beyond the scope of technical support or falls out of the support team’s expertise
- Maintain control and management of the overall resolution for any escalated case, even when cross-functional groups are involved
- Leverage internal technical expertise, including development engineers, knowledge base, and other internal tools to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues
- Create knowledge base content to capture new learning for re-use throughout the company and user base
- Participate in technical communications within the team to share best practices and learn about new technologies and other ecosystem applications
- Actively participate in the Talend community to assist with generic support issues
- Learn as much about Talend/Big Data & Cloud as you can!
- Support APAC and EMEA Customers. The role involves working in normal Singapore business hours, but might also involve early morning shift to support Australia Customers
Skills and qualifications
- 7+ years of enterprise software support experience with Customer Support background
- A strong and enthusiastic commitment to resolving customer problems in a high quality and timely manner
- Support/troubleshooting experience with the following skillset.
- Global / APAC customer support experience is required.
- Debugging JAVA/JVM issues, Classes, Interfaces, Java Heap performance tuning and optimizing GC.
- Core Java concepts including Collections, I/O, MultiThreading, JDBC and JVM architecture.
- Excellent understanding of Linux, Windows and MAC-OS.
- Scripting at the command line level for Linux
- Webservers/Application Servers (Apache Tomcat, JBoss, Jetty, IBM WebSphere/Weblogic Platform).
- Working knowledge of Talend or any other ETL technology is preferred
- Versioning Control software (Apache Subversion, Visual SVN or Git) is a plus
- Enterprise storage, databases or high-end server solutions
- Hadoop Core
- Virtualized environments such as ESX, Xen, KVM, or AWS and EC2
- Enthusiastic about Big Data, Hadoop ecosystem and ETL's.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with a strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer facing environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain and be in control of customers under all circumstances.
- Grace under pressure; must be able to deal with difficult customer situations with professionalism
- High energy, high integrity, modest demeanor with customers a must
- Big Data Integration tools experience is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- CEO named a 2020 Top Diverse Leader by the National Diversity Council
- SVP of Products named a Top 25 Software Product Executives of 2020 by The Software Report
- 3rd Time in a Row Leader for Data Quality Solutions in Gartner Magic Quadrant
- "Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Data Fabric
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.