Consultant (APAC), Professional Services (ETL, Big data, Cloud Integration)
Professional Services – Professional Services
WHO WE ARE:
Talend, a leader in data integration and data integrity, enables every company to find clarity amidst the chaos.
Talend is the only company to bring together in a single platform all the necessary capabilities that ensure enterprise data is complete, clean, compliant, and readily available to everyone who needs it throughout the organization. With Talend, organizations are able to deliver exceptional customer experiences, make smarter decisions in the moment, drive innovation, and improve operations.
From Domino’s to L’Oréal, over 4,250 organizations across the globe rely on Talend to deliver exceptional customer experiences, make smarter decisions in the moment, drive innovation, and improve operations. Talend has been recognized as a leader in its field by leading analyst firms and industry publications including Forbes, InfoWorld and SD Times.
Talend is Nasdaq listed (TLND) and headquartered in Redwood City, California.
Consultant, Professional Services – Bangalore, India
We’re looking for a Consultant for our Bangalore location (J.P. Nagar) as part of the APAC region Professional Services team, help some of the most forward-thinking and successful companies in the world deploy Talend effectively, achieve a rapid Time-To-Value, and solidify their positions as data-driven companies.
Professional Services at Talend is not just a P&L; it’s a strategic part of our company that helps drive our growth through the success of our customer base. The Services we deliver are designed to provide guidance, best practices, and help our customers scale their deployments of Talend across an enterprise.
Our Professional Services team is a critical part of our Customer Success organization and is comprised of some of the deepest subject matter experts in the world on our technologies. Our Customer Success organization is over 100 people strong – consisting of Professional Services Consultants, Support Engineers, Customer Success Managers, Customer Success Architects, and a Technical Enablement Team – all with a passion for creating successful, loyal customers.
The role involves Travel up to 75% within India and across APAC.
Who you are:
· A customer-centric, intellectually curious, bright, energetic person with the ability to drive the successful sales and delivery of Services.
· A true lover of data.
· Someone who is energized by finding a solution to a problem.
· A consultant with deep experience in BI, Data Warehousing, Data Integration, MDM, Application Integration, Cloud Infrastructure (AWS, Google, or Azure) or Big Data (extra credit for more than one)
· A team player who creates a culture that understands that our internal standards and expectations need to be higher than our customers’
· You think, every day, about how you can improve the experience of your customers
· You have experience in the arena of Big Data and are looking for the next “Big Thing”
What you’ll do:
· Work with customers to deploy, manage and audit the best practice use of our software products.
· Provide architecture reviews, application discussions and prototype or full development as needed
· Identify opportunities for products and services at existing customers
· Provide Talend expertise consulting on projects of highest complexity
· Provide billable consulting assistance to ensure engagement success
· Perform data and/or application integration design and development, technical product assistance and tuning to meet customer performance and functional requirements
· Develop Best Practices based on field experience
· Deliver engagements with minimal supervision or direction
· Provide thought leadership within areas of expertise
· Flexibility working in different shifts occasionally to support customers in US, APAC & EMEA virtually
· Flexibility to travel on various client engagements across APAC
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related area and 9+ years of experience in the field, in a related area
- 4+ years’ experience consulting in data management or application integration field
- Developed expertise in complex Data Management or Application integration solution design and deployment in the areas of data migration, data integration, application integration, MDM or data quality
- Expertise on at least 2 or more Talend modules/products or in similar ETL tools
- Has demonstrated ability to deliver, manage and lead full lifecycle projects
- Has regularly identified additional business opportunities and extensions
- Demonstrated expertise in providing advisory and guidance on large enterprise deployments and complex applications
- Active knowledge contribution to peers through CoE participation, Community or document authoring
- Has regularly taken on mentoring/coaching roles to assist colleagues
- Acknowledged as a go to resource for peer assistance within at least 1 area of expertise
- Ability to influence others to achieve results
- Exceptional verbal, presentation, written, Interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving ability
- Experience leading and managing engagements and implementations
- Ability to work effectively independently as well as in a team environment
- Skills in Java, SQL, XML and Tomcat
- Must have some exposure to Data Integration, or, preferably with Talend’s products
- Expertise on several of the areas in Data Integration, Data Quality, MDM, ESB, metadata and or similar technologies
- Preferred experience in cloud & Big data Integration
- Preferred experience in Eclipse, SQL and Oracle environments
- Knowledge in installation, configuration, optimization in Hadoop
- Understand how and when to apply MapReduce
- Knowledge in HBase, Hive, Scoop, Oozie technologies
- Knowledge in NoSQL technologies (Mongo, CouchDB, Cassandra, Neo4j)
- Exposed to Storm, Impala, HAWQ
- Preferred Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent skills
- Technical aggressiveness, demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and business requirements
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.