Director Subscription Management - North America
Customer Success – Customer Success Managers
WHO WE ARE:
Talend is a leader in cloud data integration and data integrity.
We are a global company with offices in Redwood City, Paris, London, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, and Bangalore. Our customers are pioneers/innovative leaders in their market when it comes to data and cloud projects. We are proud to count Domino’s, the world’s largest pizza company, Euronext, the #1 stock exchange in Europe, and HP Inc., a leading IT company, as Talend customers.
We enable companies to transform their business by delivering trusted data at the speed of business. Talend offers a suite of apps for data integration and integrity that brings data, people and technology together by generating end-to-end data pipelines.
Customers can collect data; transform it to power analytics; govern it from end-to-end; and share it across internal and external stakeholders. They can work across systems and across environments: in the cloud and on-premises.
The Director Subscription Management is a lead role in the revenue organization at Talend. The Director Subscription Management is responsible for a team of renewal professionals dedicated to protecting and growing revenues in North America. The Director is responsible for leading the vision and strategy for their team’s activities, including, identifying and forecasting attrition risk, design and execution of renewals strategy in territory and working with leaders in Sales and Customer Success. Director will partner with sales and product to introduce new products to existing customers and help drive our customers to the cloud. Successful candidates will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and previous experience in a leadership role. The Director Subscription Management is responsible for ensuring that their teams are focused on minimizing financial attrition, locking in the most favorable terms, identifying growth opportunities and passing their findings and data insights back to the business. Directors are responsible for ensuring that their team and their customers are set up for success while maximizing the financial results for Talend.
What you will do:
- Lead a teams of dedicated subscription mangers and initiate and develop strong alignment with key stakeholders to exceed renewal and upsell targets.
- Support direct reports by participating and leading client meetings and engaging other corporate resources as required, as well as ongoing mentoring and development of the global team
- Be a trusted advisor to Sales and Customer Success leadership in your territory and build a monthly meeting cadence with Sales and Customer Success leadership within your territory
- Maximize account growth opportunities by ensuring that your team is playing an active role on the extended account team and helping to identify incremental opportunities upon contract renewal
- Develop and execute win/win negotiations strategies for all contract renewals that maximize contract value while protecting and enhancing customer trust
- Take a lead role in collaborating with internal resources (Pricing, Product Management, Customer Success, Sales) to develop comprehensive “win” strategies for renewals
- Ensure that your team is effectively identifying customer requirements, uncovering roadblocks, and demonstrating strong account management and commercial capabilities to drive renewal events do on-time closure and customer success
- Provide executive management with complete visibility to renewals, solicit executive involvement as required and communicate risk clearly and take the lead in developing resolution strategies.
- Ensure that your team adheres to best practices for all internal processes including, but not limited to, Opportunity management, Data Quality and accuracy, Quotations.
- Accurately maintain and accurately forecast for current and out quarter.
- Establish programs for Subscription Management to lead renewals on our largest customers at least 2 quarters prior to renewal. Identify risk early and leverage all internal team to address risk and drive success.
- Develop programs to drive customers to our cloud offerings.
- Ensure your team achieves financial and strategic targets for minimizing attrition, positioning favorable terms and boosting incremental revenue via up-sells, cross-sells and add-ons
- Managed a book of recurring revenue in excess of $60M
- Travel up to 30%
- Experienced. 10 or more years of demonstrated success in a Sales, Account Management or customer success capacity with a strong focus on negotiating and executing contracts. At least 7 years in a quote carrying role.
- Hands on Leadership: Previous experience of leading, developing and mentoring a team for success Proven track record of overachievement of quota and KPIs and very strong organizational, operational and analytical skills. Ability to work closely with team members on transactions.
- Strategic: Ability to demonstrate a strategic mindset to enable persuasive conversations with customers.
- Analytical: Ability to manage, analyze and track data for a sophisticated and often complex renewal cycle
- Change Manager. Personally, lead large scale cross functional change initiatives to achieving strategic outcomes while keeping teams positively engaged.
- Negotiator. Possess exceptional negotiation skills that allow for value-based contract negotiations at the CXO level and be an effective mentor to pass these skills to your team via regular training and coaching sessions.
- Adaptable. Excels in a fast-paced environment and rapidly changing environment.
- · KPI & Forecasting: Improve and communicate forecast accuracy by developing and implementing metrics to monitor productivity and revenue and bookings performance. Coordinate all field activities, including, but not limited to: Compiling weekly reports & financial forecasts
- · Sales Process: Create, implement, and monitor infrastructure to enhance and support the operation of our sales force, including sales reporting, sales analysis, and sales force alignment.
- · Sales Methodology: Create and implement sales productivity tools that ensure sales process adoption and compliance.
- · CRM User: Experience with salesforce.com(or similar system) and how to use it to manage a large book and monitor KPI’s of the team and individuals.
- · Team Player: Works effectively with other internal team, partner and customer teams to ensure customer success and deliver renewals.
- Educated. BS/BA degree or equivalent related experience. MBA preferred.
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.