Director of Global Workspaces
Redwood City, CA
People – Facilities
WHO WE ARE:
Talend is a leader in cloud data integration and data integrity.
We are a global company with offices in Redwood City, Paris, London, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, and Bangalore. Our customers are pioneers/innovative leaders in their market when it comes to data and cloud projects. We are proud to count Domino’s, the world’s largest pizza company, Euronext, the #1 stock exchange in Europe, and HP Inc., a leading IT company, as Talend customers.
We enable companies to transform their business by delivering trusted data at the speed of business. Talend offers a suite of apps for data integration and integrity that brings data, people and technology together by generating end-to-end data pipelines.
Customers can collect data; transform it to power analytics; govern it from end-to-end; and share it across internal and external stakeholders. They can work across systems and across environments: in the cloud and on-premises.
We are looking for a Director, Global Workspaces to join our growing team at Talend. This person will lead a global team of both internal and external resources on a relentless mission to ensure our workplaces adhere to the highest standards, and we deliver a consistent, safe, great workplace experience for all our team members.
We want our workspaces to reflect the unique culture of Talend, inspire productivity, and promote communication and collaboration. With 19 offices across the globe and major international growth investments planned over the next few years, we are searching for a strategic leader to oversee lease administration, real estate transactions, facilities, project management and planning for all of our offices worldwide. This position manages a team of around 15 people globally and reports to the SVP, People.
Our ideal candidate has deep experience managing facilities at a large, global scale and is an expert at all requisite components of this job - from design, construction and build, to maintenance, staffing, emergency preparedness, contracts, ongoing cost optimization and budget management.
The Director, Global Workspaces will manage and motivate a team of global direct reports while working collaboratively with a broad range of stakeholders to enhance the many aspects of our workplace environment. This position also works closely with the senior leaders of our Human Resources, Finance, IT, and operations teams in order to provide accurate and essential visibility to the financial impacts of every aspect of our facilities.
This is a brand new role for Talend, and we need someone who understands the importance or partnering with the business, works well under pressure, maintains calm despite juggling competing urgent priorities, has deep subject matter expertise on a variety of real estate, project and facilities management areas of discipline and has a demonstrated track of leadership excellence.
What You'll Do
- Be a voice that advocates tirelessly for great workplace experiences for Talend employees, and motivates their direct reports to do the same
- Be an out-of-the-box thinker who delivers impactful results
- Optimize lifecycle asset costs. Own the building process from origination to ongoing multi-year tenancy
- Effectively execute a multi-million dollar budget. Develop, deploy and implement common tools for forecasting, spending, and reporting project finances
- Prepare annual capital and expense budgets for projects including management of monthly and quarterly forecasting, expense approvals, budget variances, accruals and reconciliations
- Collaborate successfully with our HR, IT, and Finance teams to deliver cohesive, consistent standards in all our locations and effectively plan for future needs
- Direct external vendors effectively and develop contracting strategies in collaboration with our Procurement team
- Provide input and help to manage our workplace health and safety programs and emergency preparedness protocols
- Create and execute a real estate strategy and framework that enables the company to have adequate workspace globally, while maintaining flexibility and financial objectives
- Develop global Facilities Management Strategy, guidelines, standards, success metrics and reporting (including evaluation criteria for new global locations).
- Manage real estate portfolio and ongoing requirements including transaction management and facilities management, real estate acquisition, buildout, space planning, and facilities maintenance
- 7-10+ years professional experience in facilities or other relevant experience, including 3-5 years of managing a team of direct reports, preferably globally
- Bachelor’s degree in business, facilities management, engineering, construction management, or another related area of study
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally (1-4 times a year).
While Redwood City, CA is a preferred location, we will consider US-Remote candidates as well.
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
Some Cool Perks With Working Here
- An opportunity to work with an international, highly collaborative, and entrepreneurial company with great coworkers who enjoy having fun and working hard
- Competitive salaries and quarterly bonuses for full-time employees
- Equity for all full-time employees
- Comprehensive health insurance available (medical, dental and vision) for you and your family for full-time employees
- Paid time off, sick time, and company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Employer-matching 401K plan and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) for full-time employees
- Commuter benefits, and free employee shuttle to CalTrain for an easy commute anywhere along the 101 corridor
- Weekly catered lunches, which we proudly take the time to sit down and enjoy as a team, weekly rotating food trucks outside our office, and a fully-stocked kitchen with drinks, Philz and Stumptown coffee, healthy snacks, bagels, and candy
- Opportunity to challenge your fellow coworkers to a friendly match of ping pong, cornhole, or foosball in our Game Room
- Free onsite fitness center for employees, and outdoor running trails and full-sized basketball courts
- Working in a new, bright, open-environment and collaborative office
- Choice of MacBook Air or Windows laptop
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.