Senior QA Engineer - Talend Dataops Platform - Freelance
Nantes, France /
Engineering / R&D – Platform and Tools /
WHO WE ARE:
We are changing the way the world makes decisions! Talend is a global leader in data integration and data integrity. Our software is used to truly transform business and companies with data. We believe our company has a certain Je ne sais quoi that makes us special and gives us opportunities with purpose. We pride ourselves in our values of Passion, Agility, Team Spirit and Integrity.
We help companies take their data from chaos to clarity by delivering complete, trusted, and timely data to the business.
With over 1,400 employees, we support more than 4,750 enterprise customers globally who have chosen Talend to put their data to work. We are consistently recognized by Forrester and Gartner as a leader in the Data Integration Market and our plan for the future is even more exciting.
As part of its growth, Talend is looking for a Senior QA Engineer for its Dataops Platform team based in Nantes, France. The candidate is available as soon as possible and until the end of the year 2020 (renewable contract for a further 3 months).
Talend dataops Platform is a project where we develop micro services allowing Talend cloud applications and customer to upload, schedule and monitor their data processing jobs. This project exposes a large set of API used by customers and all critical application of Talend Cloud.
Dataops plateform is developed in Java 8, Springboot and Karaf. It uses Docker, Kubernetes and modern CI / CD technology. The backend in use are Postgresql, TimescaleDB, AMQ, Kafka, MongoDB, Zookeeper.
- Design and execution of manual tests
- Report and track defects
- Participate in solution design
- Develop and maintain automated tests on REST API
- With the help of team and the QA Lead, implement the test strategy
Skills and experience:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2+ years of practical experience in the role of QA Engineer or Software Developer
- In-depth knowledge and practical experience in testing techniques
- Good understanding of REST based services, Messaging / Streaming (e.g. Apache ActiveMQ / Kafka)
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly in English, both verbally and in writing
- Experience in working within a distributed agile team environment
- Passionate about software quality to provide the best experience to our customers
- Strong willing to learn new things including the latest technology
- Basic knowledge on Linux and command lines
Optional, but desirable:
- Experience in load and performance testing methodology and framework (Gatling)
- Container and Container Orchestration (Docker / Kubernetes)
- Experience with metrics and dashboarding (ELK, Grafana, Tableau…)
- Cloud Environments / Deployments (AWS, Azure)
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- CEO named a 2020 Top Diverse Leader by the National Diversity Council
- SVP of Products named a Top 25 Software Product Executives of 2020 by The Software Report
- 5th consecutive year named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- 3rd consecutive year named as a Leader for Data Quality Solutions in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- Recognized as a Challenger for Enterprise Integration Platform as a Service (iPass) in Gartner Magic Quadrant 2020
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Data Fabric
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, Talend believes our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We want to look like our customers, and we recruit, develop and retain the most hardworking people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.