Associate Technical Support Engineer
Customer Success – Customer Support
WHO WE ARE:
Talend is a leader in cloud data integration and data integrity.
We are a global company with offices in Redwood City, Paris, London, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, and Bangalore. Our customers are pioneers/innovative leaders in their market when it comes to data and cloud projects. We are proud to count Domino’s, the world’s largest pizza company, Euronext, the #1 stock exchange in Europe, and HP Inc., a leading IT company, as Talend customers.
We enable companies to transform their business by delivering trusted data at the speed of business. Talend offers a suite of apps for data integration and integrity that brings data, people and technology together by generating end-to-end data pipelines.
Customers can collect data; transform it to power analytics; govern it from end-to-end; and share it across internal and external stakeholders. They can work across systems and across environments: in the cloud and on-premises.
Associate Technical Support Engineer
- As an Associate Support Engineer, you will represent Talend and communicate with customers via telephone, Zoom, and email to resolve cases opened with the Talend Support team.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills while working with customers or internal team members.
- Exhibit leadership through personal responsibility, accountability and teamwork.
- Manage and resolve support cases with a high degree of technical complexity.
- Coordinate across numerous departments while driving issues to resolution.
- Have demonstrated experience using trace analysis, debugging, and source code to find workarounds and reproduce product issues.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of released products and take ownership for identifying product improvements.
- Share knowledge with team members and develop customer solutions efficiently.
- Learn to use and support Talend products.
- Work effectively and manage your queue with minimal supervision.
Skills and qualifications:
- Candidate is expected to possess strong logical problem solving abilities, exceptional communication skills, and the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Understanding of client/server, networking, and Internet technology fundamentals is required.
- Academic or comparable experience with an object-oriented programming languages required. Hands-on experience with Java or scripting experience is a plus.
- Experience troubleshooting or debugging on Linux or Windows is required. Experience troubleshooting on Mac OS is preferred.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Comp. Science or a related field is preferred.
- 1-3 years of relevant technical support experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of XML/XSD and modeling frameworks like UML is preferred.
- Working knowledge of a SQL-based Database is required. General knowledge of the database market (e.g. RDBMS and NoSQL) is a plus.
- Working knowledge of web service concepts and familiarity with SOAP, REST, WSDL, CXF, Camel and JMS is preferred.
- Understanding Hadoop and the cloud ecosystem is a plus.
- Experience with JIRA or Salesforce is a plus.
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.