Global Procurement & Travel Manager
Redwood City, CA
Finance, Accounting, & Legal – Finance / FP&A
WHO WE ARE:
Talend is a leader in cloud data integration and data integrity.
We are a global company with offices in Redwood City, Paris, London, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, and Bangalore. Our customers are pioneers/innovative leaders in their market when it comes to data and cloud projects. We are proud to count Domino’s, the world’s largest pizza company, Euronext, the #1 stock exchange in Europe, and HP Inc., a leading IT company, as Talend customers.
We enable companies to transform their business by delivering trusted data at the speed of business. Talend offers a suite of apps for data integration and integrity that brings data, people and technology together by generating end-to-end data pipelines.
Customers can collect data; transform it to power analytics; govern it from end-to-end; and share it across internal and external stakeholders. They can work across systems and across environments: in the cloud and on-premises.
In order to sustain our growth, Talend is currently looking for a Manager, Global Procurement & Travel Programs to join our lively, rapidly expanding team.
- The Manager, Global Procurement & Travel Program will be responsible for creating, organizing and managing the purchasing activities, policies and strategies for Talend across multiple commodities and regions of the world including the identification of opportunities for cost improvement and the creation of business partnerships with our 3rd party vendors. It is required to understand category trends, develop and manage supplier relationships in addition to creating strategic “sourcing strategies”. You are adept at influencing key stakeholders and building strong relationships across the businesses that my commodities support.
- Procurement duties
- Develops and maintain Talend’s Purchasing policies and strategies
- Negotiate with vendors to secure the most advantageous payment terms
- Develop and manage vendor relationships, ensuring continuous performance improvement
- Research and evaluate areas of opportunity of reducing costs
- Ensure that employees have a working understanding of the legislation and policy framework within which they operate
- Train end users on Procurement Policy, procedure, and P2P technology
- Conduct competitive RFPs for Indirect goods and services corporate wide
- Qualify preferred goods and services suppliers for key categories.
- Travel & Event duties
- Develops strategy for travel and event programs and services.
- Directs the travel and event management company and establishes supplier audits to ensure services are provided per the terms of negotiated contracts.
- Influences and partners with Senior/Executive Management to identify, evaluate, and prioritize travel and event in alignment with financial objectives.
- Ensures standardization and consistency across company travel services and measurements.
- Drive to continuously increase internal market share of services including implementing travel program in businesses acquired through acquisitions.
- Partner with HR and Security organizations to ensure safety and security requirements are designed into travel program and ensure travelers are made aware of health and safety requirements of travel to specific locations.
- Ensures strong focus to continuously improve customer satisfaction ratings and champion customer issue escalation and resolution processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, Sourcing/Procurement and supply chain
- Significant experience in travel and Procurement organization performing vendor management, contract management, negotiating complex purchases, and bidding
- Knowledgeable about the supply market and supplier capabilities, technically and geographically
- Experience with booking international and domestic travel
- Knowledge of applicable donor rules, regulations and standards
- Demonstrated analytical and research skills, including the ability to identify issues, think laterally and develop appropriate strategies.
- Strong leader who can drive category strategies and has influence across all levels of an organization
- Demonstrated ability as a Project Manager who can prioritize workload and manage complex projects within cost and schedule
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
Nice to Have
- Experience with implementing or with improving Procurement systems and tools
- Experience with NetSuite Tool is a plus
- Prior experience managing a team is a plus
Position can be based anywhere in US, but preference may be made for east coast candidates, specifically Boston, Philadelphia or Atlanta.
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
Some Cool Perks With Working Here
- An opportunity to work with an international, highly collaborative, and entrepreneurial company with great coworkers who enjoy having fun and working hard
- Competitive salaries and quarterly bonuses for full-time employees
- Equity for all full-time employees
- Comprehensive health insurance available (medical, dental and vision) for you and your family for full-time employees
- Paid time off, sick time, and company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Employer-matching 401K plan and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) for full-time employees
- Commuter benefits, and free employee shuttle to CalTrain for an easy commute anywhere along the 101 corridor
- Weekly catered lunches, which we proudly take the time to sit down and enjoy as a team, weekly rotating food trucks outside our office, and a fully-stocked kitchen with drinks, Philz and Stumptown coffee, healthy snacks, bagels, and candy
- Opportunity to challenge your fellow coworkers to a friendly match of ping pong, cornhole, or foosball in our Game Room
- Free onsite fitness center for employees, and outdoor running trails and full-sized basketball courts
- Working in a new, bright, open-environment and collaborative office
- Choice of MacBook Air or Windows laptop
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.