Senior Professional Services Consultant
Professional Services – Professional Services
WHO WE ARE:
Talend, a leader in data integration and data integrity, enables every company to find clarity amidst the chaos.
Talend is the only company to bring together in a single platform all the necessary capabilities that ensure enterprise data is complete, clean, compliant, and readily available to everyone who needs it throughout the organization. With Talend, organizations are able to deliver exceptional customer experiences, make smarter decisions in the moment, drive innovation, and improve operations.
From Domino’s to L’Oréal, over 4,250 organizations across the globe rely on Talend to deliver exceptional customer experiences, make smarter decisions in the moment, drive innovation, and improve operations. Talend has been recognized as a leader in its field by leading analyst firms and industry publications including Forbes, InfoWorld and SD Times.
Talend is Nasdaq listed (TLND) and headquartered in Redwood City, California.
Travel requirement: Currently living in Japan and familiar with Japan customer interaction. Around 50% of travel is required within Japan on consulting and implementation engagements.
Business English Proficiency required. NATIVE / Fluent JPLT Level 1 language ability is a must.
Talend is the global leader in Cloud and Big Data Integration. We’re looking for a Professional Services Consultant for our APAC region and to be based in Tokyo, Japan. Help some of the most forward-thinking and successful companies in the world deploy Talend effectively, achieve a rapid Time-To-Value, and solidify their positions as data-driven companies.
Professional Services at Talend is not just a P&L; it’s a strategic part of our company that helps drive our growth through the success of our customer base. The Services we deliver are designed to provide guidance, best practices, and help our customers scale their deployments of Talend across an enterprise.
Who we are:
· Our architecture and technology uniquely position us to take advantage of constant innovation in data and processing technologies, such as Hadoop and Spark. As a result, we provide the fastest, most scalable data integration platform in the industry, and we support Big Data natively.
· Services are critical to helping our large customers quickly become experts on Talend.
· Our Professional Services team is a critical part of our Customer Success organization and is comprised of some of the deepest subject matter experts in the world on our technologies. Our Customer Success organization is over 100 people strong – consisting of Professional Services Consultants, Support Engineers, Customer Success Managers, Customer Success Architects, and a Technical Enablement Team – all with a passion for creating successful, loyal customers.
Who you are:
· A consultant with deep experience in Data Integration, Application Integration, Cloud Infrastructure (AWS, Azure, or Google), Data Warehousing, BI, or Big Data (extra credit for more than one)
· A customer-centric, intellectually curious, bright, energetic person with the ability to drive the successful delivery of Talend Services
· A team player who creates a culture that understands that our internal standards and expectations need to be higher than our customer’s
· You think, every day, about how you can improve the experience of your customers
· Someone who is energized by finding a solution to a problem
· You have experience in the area of Big Data and are looking for the next “Big Thing”
· A true lover of data
What you’ll do:
· Work with customers to deploy, manage and audit the best practice use of our software
· Provide billable consulting assistance to ensure engagement success
· Provide architecture reviews, application discussions and prototype or full development as needed
· Perform data and/or application integration design and development, technical product assistance and tuning to meet customer performance and functional requirements
· Identify opportunities for products and services at existing customers
· Develop Best Practices based on field experience
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Experience leading and managing engagements and implementations
- Preferred Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent skills and experience
- Exceptional verbal, presentation, and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively independently as well as in a team environment
- Demonstrated creative problem solving ability
- Pre-sales or customer service experience is a plus
- Technical aggressiveness, demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and business requirements
- Skills in Java, SQL, and XML
- Must have exposure to ESB/API, or Data Governance
- Exposure to Data Integration, or, preferably with Talend’s products
- Knowledge in installation, configuration, optimization in Hadoop
- Knowledge in NoSQL technologies (Mongo, CouchDB, Cassandra, Neo4j)
- Knowledge in HBase, Hive, Scoop, Oozie technologies
- Preferred experience in Eclipse, Linux, Microsoft and Oracle environments
- Exposed to Storm, Impala, HAWQ
- Understand how and when to apply MapReduce
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related area and 5 years of experience in the field, in a related area or a master’s degree
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.