Senior Strategic Finance Analyst
Redwood City, CA
Finance, Accounting, & Legal – Finance / FP&A
WHO WE ARE:
Talend is a leader in cloud data integration and data integrity.
We are a global company with offices in Redwood City, Paris, London, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, and Bangalore. Our customers are pioneers/innovative leaders in their market when it comes to data and cloud projects. We are proud to count Domino’s, the world’s largest pizza company, Euronext, the #1 stock exchange in Europe, and HP Inc., a leading IT company, as Talend customers.
We enable companies to transform their business by delivering trusted data at the speed of business. Talend offers a suite of apps for data integration and integrity that brings data, people and technology together by generating end-to-end data pipelines.
Customers can collect data; transform it to power analytics; govern it from end-to-end; and share it across internal and external stakeholders. They can work across systems and across environments: in the cloud and on-premises.
In this role, you will report to the Director of FP&A and you will have end-to-end ownership of key initiatives that will shape the future of Talend. You will be responsible for assessing the business from an integrated point of view while driving better partnering, analytics and insights.
You will lead key initiatives including owning the company’s financial model and annual planning process, designing analytical and financial frameworks to optimize decision making, and providing our executive team, board of directors, employees, and investors with insights about our performance. We’re looking to hire a strategic thinker who can model the future, solve complex problems, collaborate effectively to help carry projects from conception through execution, and build business cases for new products.
What you'll be working on:
- Create complex financial models and analyses to support critical strategic and financial decisions
- Own the company’s financial model and assist with the company’s long-range planning process
- Partner with executives and business leaders across the organization to identify important emerging business trends that impact corporate strategy
- Support the Investor Relations function to inform shareholders and the investor community on Talend’s performance and future growth prospects
- Manage and optimize the production of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial and operational reporting packages for the board of directors, executive team, and senior business leaders
- Lead benchmarking and trend analysis of KPIs to assess performance and identify further areas of opportunity for the company
- Identify and support special projects to continuously improve, automate, and scale forecasting and reporting tools, processes, and methodologies
- Highly-motivated individual who is entrepreneurial, intellectually curious, results driven, and a team player
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in investment banking, management consulting, strategic finance, investor relations and / or corporate finance
- Extremely strong analytical, financial modeling, and presentation skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity and effective at managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Significant experience working directly with executives and senior business leaders to solve complex problems
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Bachelor’s Degree required; a Master's is strongly preferred
- Familiarity with NetSuite, Anaplan, Tableau, and / or Salesforce a plus
- SaaS industry experience preferred
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
- Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
Some Cool Perks With Working Here
- An opportunity to work with an international, highly collaborative, and entrepreneurial company with great coworkers who enjoy having fun and working hard
- Competitive salaries and quarterly bonuses
- Equity for all full-time employees
- Comprehensive health insurance available (medical, dental and vision) for you and your family
- Paid time off, sick time, and company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave
- Employer-matching 401K plan and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Commuter benefits, and free employee shuttle to CalTrain for an easy commute anywhere along the 101 corridor
- Weekly catered lunches, which we proudly take the time to sit down and enjoy as a team, weekly rotating food trucks outside our office, and a fully-stocked kitchen with drinks, Philz and Stumptown coffee, healthy snacks, bagels, and candy
- Opportunity to challenge your fellow coworkers to a friendly match of ping pong, cornhole, or foosball in our Game Room
- Free onsite fitness center for employees, and outdoor running trails and full-sized basketball courts
- Working in a new, bright, open-environment and collaborative office
- Choice of MacBook Air or Windows laptop
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.